Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He told you from the beginning. Did you not believe him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
My husband and I have only been married a couple of months. But we fell in love 10 years ago. We had a whirlwind romance that was shortlived because I wasn't ready for forever and I got scared and ran away. I ended up moving away and trying things in a different city and basically just enjoying freedom for a while.

My husband met a woman shortly after I moved away. They started sleeping together pretty quickly but my dh was honest with her. He told her he liked her and enjoyed her company but that he would never love her, and that he couldn't promise her what he would do if I ever came back. He said she seemed to take it stride but refused to talk aboit it after a while. She would say "I love you" and he would just smile in return or say thank you or I know. He never said it back.

They ended up moving in together and she got pregnant very quickly. He wasn't thrilled but he figured that was his life now and he decided to accept it. She wanted to get married but he refused to go that far. But he lived with her and raised his son with her and even was a bit happier about it when she got pregnant again. He was even thinking about marrying her after their daughter was born.

But I moved back to town before he could bring it up ro her. We ran into each other one night when I had only been back a couple of days. I went to the bar he and I used to hang out at and he was there with a couple of friends. We ended up staying til last call talking and nothing between us had changed.

To make a long story short, we met up several times over the next couple of weeks and we realized what we had to do. He told her the truth and moved out to live with me and we have been together since. We married not quite a year later.

She has redused to accept this from ghe beginning. She has made it difficult for him to see his kids. Has called hin repeatedly crying and begging him to change his mind and had basically told the entire town we arre terrible people. I don't know what sue expected. He never once lied to her. He never said I love you to her and he had even told her that if I ever came back this was a possibility. You can't force someone to love you and want to be with you.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM
29 moms liked this

I don't believe that he told her any of that, lol. She'd have to be a real dumbass to stay with and get pregnant by someone who told her that to her face. But I do believe he kept her around for sex or whatever. He's an ass. I would make his life hell if I were her. You're silly for believing him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:22 AM
He did. I know he did. I've heard recent conversations. I've heard him say the exact words "I told you I would never be in love with you from the beginning" and "I never lied to you about her. You knew if she came back,this could happen".

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't believe that he told her any of that, lol. She'd have to be a real dumbass to stay with and get pregnant by someone who told her that to her face. But I do believe he kept her around for sex or whatever. He's an ass. I would make his life hell if I were her. You're silly for believing him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:22 AM
24 moms liked this
So he stayed with her for years and years, set up house with her, had a child with her, and now he’s leaving her while she’s pregnant with their second child? I think that’s shitty and makes him a pretty terrible person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM
She isn't pregnant. I guess I wasn't clear. His daughter is 18 months old. She was about 3 months oldish when he moved out. The night we met again she was about a month and a half old.

He was about to settle for her. But he wasnt in love and he wasn't 100% happy with her and he knew it. A
Now she is free to find someone who does love her.

Quoting Anonymous 3: So he stayed with her for years and years, set up house with her, had a child with her, and now he’s leaving her while she’s pregnant with their second child? I think that’s shitty and makes him a pretty terrible person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Right!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM
3 moms liked this
What a POS excuse for a 'man'.
Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM
18 moms liked this
He should never gotten involved with her to begin with, don't care if he was honest from the beginning. Then he made it worse by moving in with her and bringing two children into this cluster. Yeah he isn't a winner! He should've stayed away from her and stayed single.
MonarchMom22
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM
21 moms liked this

Why would you take up with a man with a small child and an infant - and a SO he lived with that had just given birth? 

Please don't tell us "we were meant to be together" or other such nonesense.  And I don't care what he "said" to her - his actions are moving in togehter and fathering two children with her. 

You both should be ashamed of yourselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM
First impression is that I don’t believe him either . I mean he NEVER said I love you but continued to live with her and create babies ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:28 AM
It doesn't make him a POS to decide not to settle. He had almost given up on ever seeing me again and he was about to settle for the life that was right on front of him. He wouldn't be the first man to do that. But when I came back he knew he could never truly be happy with any one else.

Quoting Anonymous 5: What a POS excuse for a 'man'.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)