Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you "friends" with your mom?

I see a lot of arguments here based around parents being friends with their children. I'm curious how many women here consider their mom their friend? If you do, at what age did you begin to feel this way? Are you happy with your mother/daughter relationship, or do you wish it was different?

I do consider my mother my friend, but this part of our relationship didn't develope until I had my first child (23). I feel like she began to respect me as a mother, and I began to respect just how hard being a mother is.

What about yourself?
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 4:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM

I've always liked my mom, but we weren't friend till I was pregnant with DS. 

anononononon
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea, she’s definitely a feisty one. She couldn’t move her left side at all at one point and the physical therapist told her to pick a small goal and work towards it. She chose to be able to raise her middle finger so she could flick off the Dr who told her she would never walk again. It worked! Lol

Quoting Sans-Equanimity: Wow, no wonder you're so feisty! You come from feisty stock lol.

Quoting anononononon: I look at the bright side, the Drs didn’t think she would live and she did, then they said she would never walk again and she gave them the finger and said she would. She walks almost perfectly now although sometimes she wanders so we have to chase after her lol

Quoting redheadtmk: I am sorry she was hurt but glad you can see the humor.

Quoting anononononon: My mom was more like my friend after I started college. Since she’s had her accident that caused brain damage she’s been more like an unruly child who says hilarious things.
ABeautifulLife.
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:02 PM
Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:02 PM

I have always been close with my mom.  It turned "friends" in my later teens.  Same with my DD.  She is my best friend and she is 18 and out on her own. 

Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:04 PM
When I’m actually talking to my mom she’s always been more of a friend than a mom. She’s never been a mom to me. We’ve gone out and partied together, drank, smoked, etc...I got passed out drunk my first time with her at 14 so yeah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:04 PM

I haven't spoken to the bitch in almost 3 years.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:05 PM
She’s my best friend. We slowly transitioned during my late high school/early college years then became best friends when I graduated. I lived at home for a few years to establish my career and save for my condo. Now that I lost my dad, I’m very grateful for that precious time with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:05 PM
Yes, about in my thirties.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:06 PM
I’ve always considered my mom my friend.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I was relieved the day my Mother died.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)