Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Called CPS on SIL

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My BIL And SIL are the trashiest people in the world and I live next door to them.
DH is a teacher and I’m a nurse. We have a nice home with two young girls and his brother and his wife live next to us in an eyesore of a falling apart trailer with three teenagers she had from a previous marriage, she takes advantage of him, he adopted them a few years ago after she pressured him for years about it, and one six year old they have together..
She is on disability aka “I don’t want to work, so I am going to pretend to have ptsd and panic attacks” and BIL has worked the same dead end job for 25 or 30 years.
They have a tacky wooden swing set she brags about getting free for hauling away on a yard sale site. But really it’s just ugly and imo it’s an accident waiting to happen
Well, a month ago when we had those really bad cold snaps, their pipes froze and some busted.
Monday I went over to see her and found out she was terribly behind in her dishes.
She said it was difficult to keep up with because she had to heat the water in a pan until tax time, that they had already filed and just waiting on them to come in. They get the earned income credit so they get a huge check, and then her DH, and teenaged boys would fix the pipes (poor kids having to do this kind of work)
I asked how the kids were bathing and how she was doing laundry.
She said she still did laundry she just did it in cold water. (GROSS) and that they were heating water in pans for the kids to take baths.
So I thought about it and after thinking really hard I decided to call CPS.
The worker came out yesterday morning and left then BIL came home early. These are my off days.i Work 6 Days on and go ur off.
So I called down and asked if everything was ok, and they told me that CPS had been out. I immediately offered to take the kids and they asked why I would need to.
I told them with the problems they had just assumed..
And SIL got snotty and said that no, while she had a few dishes left she and DD had done most of them the night before, and while they didn’t have HOT water they had running water and CPS had no issues.
CPS HAD NO ISSUES with their home which honestly should be condemned!!!! Then she accused me of making the call because she said I was the only one to have been at the house in the last week. Then started hyperventilating and pretending to have a “panick attack”
I was just trying to help her poor children have a decent chance. They can’t even take a shower!!! And now DH is mad at me!!!! He told me it wasn’t my place to put my nose in, and he won’t speak to me. Of all people I would have have thought he would understand why I did it!!

*edit
I didn’t know there was a problem until Monday, I couldn’t offer help until I knew there was a problem

I offered to let them come shower at my house when I found out but SHE doesn’t leave her house except doctors appointments or when she absolutely HAS to

We live in the country, DH’s Parents gave DH and BIL each a piece of land DH build us a home and BIL bought a trashy trailer
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 4:51 PM
Replies (671-671):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 94 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 11:45 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)