Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Called CPS on SIL

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My BIL And SIL are the trashiest people in the world and I live next door to them.
DH is a teacher and I’m a nurse. We have a nice home with two young girls and his brother and his wife live next to us in an eyesore of a falling apart trailer with three teenagers she had from a previous marriage, she takes advantage of him, he adopted them a few years ago after she pressured him for years about it, and one six year old they have together..
She is on disability aka “I don’t want to work, so I am going to pretend to have ptsd and panic attacks” and BIL has worked the same dead end job for 25 or 30 years.
They have a tacky wooden swing set she brags about getting free for hauling away on a yard sale site. But really it’s just ugly and imo it’s an accident waiting to happen
Well, a month ago when we had those really bad cold snaps, their pipes froze and some busted.
Monday I went over to see her and found out she was terribly behind in her dishes.
She said it was difficult to keep up with because she had to heat the water in a pan until tax time, that they had already filed and just waiting on them to come in. They get the earned income credit so they get a huge check, and then her DH, and teenaged boys would fix the pipes (poor kids having to do this kind of work)
I asked how the kids were bathing and how she was doing laundry.
She said she still did laundry she just did it in cold water. (GROSS) and that they were heating water in pans for the kids to take baths.
So I thought about it and after thinking really hard I decided to call CPS.
The worker came out yesterday morning and left then BIL came home early. These are my off days.i Work 6 Days on and go ur off.
So I called down and asked if everything was ok, and they told me that CPS had been out. I immediately offered to take the kids and they asked why I would need to.
I told them with the problems they had just assumed..
And SIL got snotty and said that no, while she had a few dishes left she and DD had done most of them the night before, and while they didn’t have HOT water they had running water and CPS had no issues.
CPS HAD NO ISSUES with their home which honestly should be condemned!!!! Then she accused me of making the call because she said I was the only one to have been at the house in the last week. Then started hyperventilating and pretending to have a “panick attack”
I was just trying to help her poor children have a decent chance. They can’t even take a shower!!! And now DH is mad at me!!!! He told me it wasn’t my place to put my nose in, and he won’t speak to me. Of all people I would have have thought he would understand why I did it!!

*edit
I didn’t know there was a problem until Monday, I couldn’t offer help until I knew there was a problem

I offered to let them come shower at my house when I found out but SHE doesn’t leave her house except doctors appointments or when she absolutely HAS to

We live in the country, DH’s Parents gave DH and BIL each a piece of land DH build us a home and BIL bought a trashy trailer
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 4:51 PM
Replies (601-610):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:42 PM
Wrong. The hot water pipe and cold water pipe are separate.

Quoting Anonymous 120: Makes no sense. If the pipes burst, they would have no water at all. If it is a hot water issue, that is a furnace problem. If they have a furnace problem, then they have no heat. I call Troll!!
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:47 PM
Yet you have refused to offer help to clean up said "mess" and instead just call cps who came out and did NOT find any of the things you are stating a problem. If the house was that much of a mess cps would have done something

Quoting Anonymous 1: At that point I just kind of wanted to get my kids out of the mess, the same one DH is willfully taking them back into

Quoting Anonymous 119:

lol and that was all you got.  so if the house, yard is soo bad- then why didn't offer to help with that? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: OMG!!! I stated in the edit that I DID offer showers and SHE refused!!!

Quoting Anonymous 119:

it doesn't matter when you found out. it is because you found out and didn't offer them with hot showeres. however there isn't wrong with washing clothes in cold water. nor is anything with the kids doing chores around the house, or even helping fixing things in the house. another thing- you don't( didn't) offer to help them clean up around the yard, house, ect if it is bad as you say?  as for disability-  there is all kinds of paperwork, doctors, ect before you can get approve. you just can't walk in and say i have it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:50 PM
Maybe they are saving up. Obviously they are not as well off as op.

I have been saving for about 3 months for my roof repairs, only a few more pay checks and i can get it fixed

Quoting ThatBoysMom: I do hear ya on that one. My in laws are that way. I was raised that u never ask anyone to do something that u can do for yourself. Like get up off your ass and just do it. Well just so happens there's so much they "can't" do.

Ya know like looking online for a car and asking DH to test drive it for them and let them know. Searching online for a dog and want us to pick it up and bring it to them. They live 2 hrs away. BIL actually tried to get DH to call in his unemployment because he didn't know how. It never ends.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The difference is, my family also works hard to help themselves.

Quoting ThatBoysMom: Support your husbands decision to help his family in a time of need. You know you would do it for yours.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I offered to let them shower and asked if there was anything I could do
What was I supposed to do beyond that?

Quoting ThatBoysMom: You acted like it was an outrage that they lived like this but are against any help for them? Are you kidding?

Its obvious that you think your family is royalty and his is trash. Your husband has a big heart for helping and I'm sorry that you can't see that as a good thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 122 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this
You wasted CPS time for laundry done in cold water, kids TEENAGERS doing chores and helping fix pipes? Fucking seriously? Lady, you need to mind your own damn business! I'm glad your DH is mad you! You're a busy body that needs to learn how to keep your nose out of others lives...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 123 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Trolls be trolling. Lol. Your responses are ridiculous. Try harder next time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 124 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:55 PM
So basically this all about you feeling like you are better than them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It’s not a trailer park it’s a single trailer on a piece of land. Their parents gave them each a piece of land.
DH built us a home.
BIL bought a TRAILER.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Your house isn't that great if you're living next door to a trashy trailer park. Just sayin. I can see why your dh isn't speaking to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:01 PM
Actually people still do. Besides that, what exactly makes you an expert on how ANYONE should live? I do not doubt your sister in law declined any "help" you may have offered, I would take my kids to shower in a truck stop before i would be any where near you. You are truly a terrible person

Quoting Anonymous 1: But they don’t any more. Welcome to 2018

Quoting Anonymous 3: You realize that people lived for centuries without running water right?

Quoting Anonymous 1: That’s a camping trip, though why any one would want to spend a vacation that way is beyond me. To each their own.
It’s not a way to live!

Quoting Anonymous 99: Actually, YOU sound unfit to be a parent. Are you teaching your kids to be condescending jerks like you?

They have food, clothes, shelter, comfort and running water, so they sound like they’re doing just fine. My family chose to go on a two month long camping trip in a different country, and we had running water that we heated up for our showers baths and dishes and we did just fine for two months with nine kids!

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are welcome to come shower, but can anyone besides me see that this woman is unfit to be a parent?

Quoting lily99300:

So all I could glean from this post is:

You live next door.  You're concerned about your nieces and nephews bathing.  So why in the hell haven't you invited them over to shower?

You're sooooo worried yet you said nothing about opening your home so the kids could bathe.

momofkray
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:17 PM
This post convinced me that you are nothing more than an attention whore trolling to see what trouble you can cause.
Chances are you are sitting in your single wide trailer typing all these ludicrous responses out on a 15 year old computer.
Geez lady you must be really bored with your life. Here’s a thought to help with all that time you have .... go take care of your kids lol!!!!
Only cowards and trolls will post anonymously

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are stealing the boys child hood.

I suppose you think it�s ok they have the older kids baby sit the younger one too.

She was in the hospital last fall in the ICU with pneumonia and the bigger kids had to care for the six year old until Dad got home from work. They started dinner and had to help with the house work.

Even after she got home.

I took some meals down to try to take the load off them, but she even depended on them when she got home.

Quoting tiafez:

. They are planning on making the teenaged boys help to re run the plumbing!!! Should teenagers have to do this in their spare time!!!! 

I'll speak your language is my reply

Yes!!!!! It's part of being a family!!!! and useful to learn for when they own their own homes someday!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are welcome to come shower.

They are planning on making the teenaged boys help to re run the plumbing!!! Should teenagers have to do this in their spare time!!!!

I have invited them to dinner at my house but she never wants to leave her house she says she�s agoraphobic and he just coddles her.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Major league fail. I don't know where to begin with you. If you were so concerned you'd of offered for the family to shower in your home being next door and invited them over for dinner or even allowed her to prepare meals on your stove until they could have their plumbing repaired.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:17 PM
I PRAY he divorces you and takes your kids. Based on your post and comments on here, I doubt that you are mentally stable enough to be working around newborns or their moms. You are a danger to your patients. You need serious help.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I came home last night late. DH had DD to bed already so I put YDD to bed and went in to kiss ODD goodnight and she woke up and announced that daddy let her have pop for dinner.
Then I realized that she had double French braids in her hair like some sort of little farm girl!!!
I asked who did that to her head and she said “Aunt Xxx” and then asked if I liked it
I went back out where DH was drinking cheap beer beer, which he hasn’t done for YEARS.
I asked him what the hell he did today
He acted as though I wasn’t even in the room!!!
He then proceeded to go tuck in YDD and now wants HER today as well.
When I told him there was no way in hell he continued to ignore me I threw his Coors Lite Bottle at his head and then he went off on me
Pointed at the nanny cam that I bought and said he had activated it and it was now recording to HIS COMPUTER!!!
He informed me that I would be apologizing to his family and would need to find a way to make things up to them.
I told him the beer had gone to his head.
He told me this spring they needed a room built on and I was going to be helping to build and that’s what we were all going to be doing with our vacation
I told him I would see him in divorce court first
He said that was my decision.
I’ve called off work and will be visiting my parents later

Quoting Anonymous 58: So what's happening now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 119 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:22 PM

you are so full of sh----.

Quoting Anonymous 1: At that point I just kind of wanted to get my kids out of the mess, the same one DH is willfully taking them back into
Quoting Anonymous 119:

lol and that was all you got.  so if the house, yard is soo bad- then why didn't offer to help with that? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: OMG!!! I stated in the edit that I DID offer showers and SHE refused!!!
Quoting Anonymous 119:

it doesn't matter when you found out. it is because you found out and didn't offer them with hot showeres. however there isn't wrong with washing clothes in cold water. nor is anything with the kids doing chores around the house, or even helping fixing things in the house. another thing- you don't( didn't) offer to help them clean up around the yard, house, ect if it is bad as you say?  as for disability-  there is all kinds of paperwork, doctors, ect before you can get approve. you just can't walk in and say i have it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)