Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No we aren't taking your dogs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 157 Replies
My mom and dad have decided to downsize are moving into a retirement village in March. Good for them. But the issue is they can't take their 4 large,elderly Rotties with them. Today my dad came over and asked when we were fencing in our yard. I told him we never have any intention of fencing in the yard. He then asked me how were the dogs going to get exercise? What dogs? That's when he told me he assumed that we would be taking the dogs. I told him absolutely not. That he would either have to find them forever homes,surrender to a rescue or have them put to sleep. He just looked at me and said really? I said really. You know my dh has a severe allergy to pet dander. Why would I deliberately make my husband sick and miserable in the home he helps provide. Dad agreed with me and left. A couple of hours later mom called bitching about how cruel I was to Dad to make him do this and I should be ashamed to put my husband over my father. I'm completely gone smacked
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:04 PM
10 moms liked this
Don't blame you. But mentioning putting them down was quite insensitive.
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:04 PM
12 moms liked this
The number of people with severe pet allergies on this site seems about as unlikely as the birth control failure rate. Lol

However, he shouldn't have assumed you would take the dogs. I would wait if I were them because all of the other options are unfair to the dogs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Your poor dad :(
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:07 PM
10 moms liked this
It’s like there’s one person who writes these posts every day or two...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:07 PM
No. Just truthful. Those are his options. That's it

Quoting mojogirl: Don't blame you. But mentioning putting them down was quite insensitive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:09 PM
Their house is already contracted for and they have already bought their condo in the retirement village

Quoting motherslove82: The number of people with severe pet allergies on this site seams about as unlikely as the birth control failure rate. Lol

However, he shouldn't have assumed you would take the dogs. I would wait if I were them because all of the other options are unfair to the dogs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:11 PM
4 moms liked this
Why poor Dad? He made the choice to move where he couldn't take the dogs. He knows my husband has a severe allergy. That's why my husband has never been inside their house. So why poor Dad? I feel sorrier for the dogs being abandon then his selfish ass

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your poor dad :(
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:11 PM
3 moms liked this

They really didn't think this through completely, did they.  They should postpone the move until their dogs pass away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:13 PM
They can't. Their house is under contract and they have already purchased a condo in the village. They have to move

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

They really didn't think this through completely, did they.  They should postpone the move until their dogs pass away.

momofthem311
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:14 PM
Regardless of whether people think you were mean or not, it’s not your responsibility
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)