Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst Customer Ever! 😡😡

Posted by   + Show Post
I’m bored and looking for something interesting to read.

What are some of the worst experiences you’ve had with a customer?

If you have somehow managed to never work with the public, what is your worst customer service experience?

Brownie points if your story is funny 😉
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:41 PM
Replies (381-382):
D-Town
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:36 AM

I didn't work at a call center but I was working for a medical device manufacturer. Our service department transferred a call from an irate customer to the engineering department. The man was the purchasing director of a very large and well-known hospital in New York. Apparently they purchased one of our devices and decided not to take advantage of the complimentary user training class we provided upon installation. Since they opted out, no one knew how to use the device so he assumed it was defective and threatened to come to MI to beat the shit out of me. 

Another time, we had a surgeon call in while in the middle of a procedure to complain that his $70,000 surgical table wasn't working and he had a patient dying on it and we needed to get it fixed right now. After 10 minutes of cursing me out and calling me every name he could think of, it turned out he failed to flip the power switch to turn the table on. 

Quoting KitschyMeow: My daughter had a hamburger thrown at her because it was made wrong. Manager threw him out of the store without a new burger or a refund. When I worked at a call center, an angry customer, asked me where I was. Told him. Then he proceeded to tell me that he was going to get on a plane and fly out so he could kill me. He was very confident he could get away with it, because I didn't know whp he was. The dipshit forgot that I had his information up on my screen and the calls are recorded. I told a manager right away.

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

- P. J. O'Rourke
Anonymous
by Anonymous 92 on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:38 AM

Click-bait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)