Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst Customer Ever! 😡😡

Posted by   + Show Post
I’m bored and looking for something interesting to read.

What are some of the worst experiences you’ve had with a customer?

If you have somehow managed to never work with the public, what is your worst customer service experience?

Brownie points if your story is funny 😉
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
anononononon
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:20 PM
Lmao

I was behind a guy ordering a hoagie at a local shop before and he asked for light mayo. The girl taking his order said they didn’t have light mayo, the guy kept saying no just light mayo, I want regular mayo but make it light, this went on for a few minutes with the girl getting increasingly frustrated so I spoke up and told her that he wanted regular mayo just less than what they usually put on. She looked so confused still and someone else had to take over the order for her. The guy got a free hoagie lol

Quoting VegetaPrincess:

When I was in high school working at McDonald's we had a lady who wanted a fish sandwich with light mayo. They made it with half the amount of mayo that comes out of the gun which was standard back then when you ordered light mayo. She came back to the encounter enraged because she had asked for light mayo. 

But she wouldn't tell us if she wanted more may or less than what she was given. That sandwich was remade about six times with varying amounts of mayo and each earned the response of "Are you fucking stupid? Is this a fucking joke? Don't you know what light mayo means?" The last one had only a tiny dot of mayo on it. She literally screamed when she opened it. Didn't even have words for that one. Just a horrified scream.

Finally the manager came out and refunded her money and told her we clearly couldn't make her sandwich to her satisfaction. She stood in the lobby and screamed obscenities at us for a few minutes while we totally ignored her and then stomped out in tears. 

Over a fish sandwich. That was the funniest part to us. All that drama over the crappiest item on the menu. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:22 PM
I work from home right now taking pizza orders, so I've heard plenty of complaints. We have to transfer to the manager and I"m 99.9% the manager listens to the call and if they don't want to deal with it, they just don't pick up the call.
VegetaPrincess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:26 PM

I can believe it. LOL I've seen similar situations where I had to intercede with a coworker before they created their own "Who's on first" bit. 

This lady had no excuse though. I took the order. It was a small midwest town in the 90s so usually when someone ordered a fish sandwich with mayo it meant they wanted the tartar sauce that came with the sandwich AND mayo added to it. Ugh.

So I had to ask her if she wanted any tartar sauce at all. Nope. Do you want the reduced calorie may or normal mayo just in a small amount? Normal mayo, just less. Ok.

She was completely normal and even pleasant until she looked at her sandwich. Then she went nuts. LOL 

Quoting anononononon: Lmao I was behind a guy ordering a hoagie at a local shop before and he asked for light mayo. The girl taking his order said they didn’t have light mayo, the guy kept saying no just light mayo, I want regular mayo but make it light, this went on for a few minutes with the girl getting increasingly frustrated so I spoke up and told her that he wanted regular mayo just less than what they usually put on. She looked so confused still and someone else had to take over the order for her. The guy got a free hoagie lol
Quoting VegetaPrincess:

When I was in high school working at McDonald's we had a lady who wanted a fish sandwich with light mayo. They made it with half the amount of mayo that comes out of the gun which was standard back then when you ordered light mayo. She came back to the encounter enraged because she had asked for light mayo. 

But she wouldn't tell us if she wanted more may or less than what she was given. That sandwich was remade about six times with varying amounts of mayo and each earned the response of "Are you fucking stupid? Is this a fucking joke? Don't you know what light mayo means?" The last one had only a tiny dot of mayo on it. She literally screamed when she opened it. Didn't even have words for that one. Just a horrified scream.

Finally the manager came out and refunded her money and told her we clearly couldn't make her sandwich to her satisfaction. She stood in the lobby and screamed obscenities at us for a few minutes while we totally ignored her and then stomped out in tears. 

Over a fish sandwich. That was the funniest part to us. All that drama over the crappiest item on the menu. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I’m a restaurant manager. I deal with idiots on the daily.
poietes
by Laura on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Bump to save my spot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:31 PM
I had to explain to a customer who started screaming at me that her two foot tall nutcracker peeled because she left it outside all winter and the nutcracker tag and the name on the online description when she bought it specifically indicated it was an indoor product. 😒
lilmacmama20
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:33 PM
When i worked in grocery,We had this lady try to pay for her prescription with rocks. She then came up front and used a keno pencil to try and draw her eyebrows on, she then proceeded to sit pn the customer service desk indian style, and when she wanted a western union she was asked for ID then kept pointing to her shirt it had a picture of the state of CA. She also tried to take a donation jar and went up to my boss saying what do you think you fucking own this place. Pretty entertaining
beeky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
A recent conversation with a customer.

Customer - why is express closed?

Me - It's broken.

Customer - express should never be closed.

Me (speaking slowly) - It's broken.
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I worked for Great Harvest. I got there at 4:30am to make the sweets. We were a secondary location. Our main location started the days bread at 3am. They delivered it to us around 9-10am. We usually had a few loaves from the later batch the day before to sell still.

Dude comes in about 8 and wants a loaf of bread, he starts asking if it was from that day. I told him it was from yesterday afternoon. He threw a fit because he wanted a fresh loaf. I told him I could give him half off or he could go to the main store, 2 miles away, and get a fresh loaf. Not good enough for him. He gets in my face and is just screaming at me. There's a line forming, I'm tired and not in the mood. I tell him I'm sorry, but I don't have it and no amount of screaming will produce it. He can take the discount, or I'll even give him a free loaf card for the main store, or he can wait an hour or 2. He tells me to go to the freezer and get him a loaf because he knows we don't actually get up early and do any work.

I told him he was welcome to show up at 3am and work, but I didn't have what he wanted and he needed to leave. He finally left, the people in line clapped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm on the worst customer service side. I went to Michael's and found some kids craft kits on clearance for $3 instead of their original $15. So I grabbed 4 of them and went to pay. They rang up at full price so my total was $60. I nicely pointed out the clearance tag and the cashier apologized. She rang them up again but didn't void the original transaction so my new total was $72. I pointed out the error. The cashier denied it. I pointed out that there's no possible way for 4 $3 items to cost more than 4 $15 items. She insisted the computer can't be wrong. I took the boxes one by one and slowly added in front of her 3 plus 3 is 6 plus 3 is 9 plus 3 is 12. She didn't understand what I was saying!
At that point a manager noticed us and quickly took over fixing the problem.
I'm pretty sure she didn't last long as a cashier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)