Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst Customer Ever! 😡😡

Posted by   + Show Post
I’m bored and looking for something interesting to read.

What are some of the worst experiences you’ve had with a customer?

If you have somehow managed to never work with the public, what is your worst customer service experience?

Brownie points if your story is funny 😉
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to bartend part time at a bowling alley. When I worked I was a one woman show. Essentially I was in charge of lane maintenance, bartending, waitressing, and cooking. On my second shift some girls came in after my lunch rush. Keeping in mind this is a small town bowling alley with a limited bar they order liquid marijuana shots. I had just stocked the liquor cabinet and told them I didn't have the ingredients but I'd be happy to make them something else. They scoffed at me and asked for some wings. They asked if our wings contained any legs and I told them I wasn't sure since it was only my second day. They still wanted them so I cooked them.

After they were served their food and a couple drinks, I gave them their tab upon their request. The one girl scoffed at me and began throwing a literal fit because I charged her for a full order of wings when it didn't include all legs. I apologized and she continued to yell. I had to kick her out.

She tried coming back the following week when I worked and I told her to leave. I refused to serve her after that experience!
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:47 PM
16 moms liked this
I was handling a return when I was a manager at Victoria’s Secret (in a very upscale area). I asked the customer how her day was going (because I’m a polite person), she wrinkled her nose and said with disgust, “Why are you talking to me? Just do your job!” I smiled like I was a Stepford with my eyes wide open until we were finished. I even tilted my head and smiled as big as possible when I handed her the cash and receipt back, but I didn’t say a damn thing. I sincerely hope a seagull shit on her head that day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:48 PM
I was an LPN for 10 years. I honestly can't remember what the worst experience I ever had was. I think they all ran together into one big blur which I have tried to block out. I work with the public now in a chiropractor's office and we have a few assholes but most of them are nice.
anononononon
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
She sounds like she was just in the mood to flip out over something.

Quoting VegetaPrincess:

I can believe it. LOL I've seen similar situations where I had to intercede with a coworker before they created their own "Who's on first" bit. 

This lady had no excuse though. I took the order. It was a small midwest town in the 90s so usually when someone ordered a fish sandwich with mayo it meant they wanted the tartar sauce that came with the sandwich AND mayo added to it. Ugh.

So I had to ask her if she wanted any tartar sauce at all. Nope. Do you want the reduced calorie may or normal mayo just in a small amount? Normal mayo, just less. Ok.

She was completely normal and even pleasant until she looked at her sandwich. Then she went nuts. LOL 

Quoting anononononon: Lmao

I was behind a guy ordering a hoagie at a local shop before and he asked for light mayo. The girl taking his order said they didn’t have light mayo, the guy kept saying no just light mayo, I want regular mayo but make it light, this went on for a few minutes with the girl getting increasingly frustrated so I spoke up and told her that he wanted regular mayo just less than what they usually put on. She looked so confused still and someone else had to take over the order for her. The guy got a free hoagie lol

Quoting VegetaPrincess:

When I was in high school working at McDonald's we had a lady who wanted a fish sandwich with light mayo. They made it with half the amount of mayo that comes out of the gun which was standard back then when you ordered light mayo. She came back to the encounter enraged because she had asked for light mayo. 

But she wouldn't tell us if she wanted more may or less than what she was given. That sandwich was remade about six times with varying amounts of mayo and each earned the response of "Are you fucking stupid? Is this a fucking joke? Don't you know what light mayo means?" The last one had only a tiny dot of mayo on it. She literally screamed when she opened it. Didn't even have words for that one. Just a horrified scream.

Finally the manager came out and refunded her money and told her we clearly couldn't make her sandwich to her satisfaction. She stood in the lobby and screamed obscenities at us for a few minutes while we totally ignored her and then stomped out in tears. 

Over a fish sandwich. That was the funniest part to us. All that drama over the crappiest item on the menu. 

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:55 PM

I only liked this because this IS the best. boss. ever.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I worked at McDonald's in high school. Worst experience, guys comes in, orders a bunch of food for him and his wife. Apparently he ordered a cheeseburger without onions, but the cashier didn't ring it up no onion, so it didn't get made right. I was putting the food on the trays and handing it out, I also wasn't aware the damn cheeseburger wasn't supposed to have onions. But I sure got the blame for it. The asshole stomps back up to the front, screams at me that his cheeseburger isn't supposed to have onions, and then throws the entire tray of food at my head. I was extremely shy in high school so I didn't stand up for myself, I just ran to the back and cried. Thankfully, my manager had my back. He yelled at her and demanded she give him his money back. It was somewhere around $20, so she grabs it all in change from the till, throws it across the counter, and says "There's your refund, now get the fuck out of my store before I call the cops." Best. Boss. Ever.

I'm declaring this SARCASM FONT for CM from now on.

juniors.mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:58 PM
4 moms liked this
I just started waitressing at a semi sketchy ihop...so give me a few days and I'm sure I'll have a story 😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:58 PM
I got called a dumb bitch by a Walmart customer. The lady was pissed because I didn't have the key to fix the can return machine. Um I'm filling in for a greeter so they could go on break. The greeter never has the key b
I told her she needed to go to the customer service desk. I ain't going to the fucking service desk just for them to say ok they'll send someone over. Then your dumbass self will be paged. I'm not wasting my fucking time you stupid bitch. Why are you so fucking lazy. Just do your fucking job and fix it. Walmart was a good company to work for. My managers were amazing people. My coworkers were really nice too.its the customer you need to worry about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I worked at a Pharmacy in college. It was a small town that had a very high percentage of special needs group homes.

** I have changed all the names to protect the innocent (or guilty)

So there was Timmy - The autistic little person who was obsessed with short girls and black trench coats. He would sing show tunes at the top of his lungs in the bathroom. He would say bizarre stuff like 'Jeff (our boss) would be very upset if I took a car and smashed it through the front window, then would put his hand to his ear wanting me to repeat back to him what he just said. He was one of my favorites, and no I can't make this shit up.

Barbara- She was a compulsive clepto. So whenever she came in I had to follow her all around the store and make sure she didn't steal anything. I had to chase her out the door a couple times and remind her that she had to pay for it. She would say 'I thought it was free', and I would say 'Nope, not free'. Then she would hand whatever it was back to me. If she didn't walk out with things she would bring items up and ask me how much something was and no matter what I said she would say 'That is too much money and put it back. One time I got a glance in her purse adn it was chalk full of money. I'm not even kidding. She probably had $1000 in there. 

Dan- Grumpy bastard who was a little slow, lived on his own with a roommate and a care taker who came by to check in on them. He would just stand there and ask me ridiculous questions. Then make snarky remarks. LIke one time he asked me when Cheryl was coming back and I told him. He hung out (which was normal) and when another customer came up and asked me a question that I didn't know the answer to he chimes in 'I thought you knew everything'. He was an ass, but it still makes me laugh.

Ron- He would bring in print outs of what he was going to buy and show me and talk about it for ever. The one I remember was a bubble machine. I really liked him, but I heard he had a really bad temper and kicked the shit out of one of his coworkers at Burger King. He was always super chill and happy when I saw him. 

It really was one of the hardest and most entertaining jobs I have ever had. I should write a book.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:01 AM
I worked fast food in high school and every month on the full moon, some jackass would shit in the men's room sink. A humongous shit.
anononononon
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:05 AM
When my ods was first born I picked up some work doing quality control for a 3rd party customer service company. They only hired IC’s and everyone had the same capabilities and managers didn’t work the phones so when someone asked for a manager the person would ask in the team chat for someone to take over. I was listening to a call and somehow the lady managed to call so many times that when she was transferred to the “manager” she got the guy who she talked to the very first time she called in. She recognized his voice and name and was livid she wasn’t speaking with a manager. The guy put her on hold but didn’t mute his phone so I could still hear him, he kept repeating shit shit what do I do? Shit shit shit lol He ended up finding someone else in the chat who hadn’t had her and passed her along. I had to remind him to mute his phone if he needed to swear but I got a good laugh out of it lol

Quoting Anonymous 10: I work from home right now taking pizza orders, so I've heard plenty of complaints. We have to transfer to the manager and I"m 99.9% the manager listens to the call and if they don't want to deal with it, they just don't pick up the call.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)