Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name something weird that people from your state do.

I'm from Wisconsin and we look for the squeekest cheese curds.

And.... Go! 😁
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 2:36 PM
Replies (111-120):
franciaanya
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
That's funny cause 1 of the 3 people I know from MD (THE other 2 are his siblings), has the M.D. flag everywhere.

Even tattooed on him. It's a nice tattoo, too.

Quoting 2babymomma: I'm from Maryland and people here are obsessed with our state flag. You can find it on everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:33 AM
I’m in Indiana. We can’t buy alcohol or cars on Sunday (although the Sunday alcohol sales may be changing this year).
mischele
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM
I totally understand that. I have 2 every 6 month

Quoting PJMM: I agree with you. I think it's trashy to smoke like that openly around children. It would be like bringing in beer to a school dance. I was just joking about smoking in an IEP meeting. I just feel put on the spot.. like I should have the answers to any problems when I know about as much as they do. Here the schools are tobacco free so one would assume that means anything smoke- able. But Florida just allowed medicinal marijuana

Quoting mischele: I guess my thought is eat an edible before. Dont smoke on school property infront of other peoples children. But the students come to school high as well.

Quoting PJMM: Idk I hate IEP meetings for ds. I get very anxious. I'm sure everything there would appreciate a doobie lol.

We have Florida man.

Quoting mischele: Colorado and adults smoke pot at school functions. Ugh
rebal
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:09 AM
I'm born and raised Texan. You are spot on! Also, the entire town shows up on Friday night for the local high school football game.

Quoting Anonymous 15:

Sounds like Texas!

Quoting mojogirl:

we don't put beans in our chili

we will stand in line for hours for good bbq

we can make anything into a taco

we can fry anything and make it delicious

and a "short drive" is anything less than 8 hours

what state am i in?

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM
I still can't believe the adults actually smoke at school functions

Quoting mischele: I totally understand that. I have 2 every 6 month

Quoting PJMM: I agree with you. I think it's trashy to smoke like that openly around children. It would be like bringing in beer to a school dance. I was just joking about smoking in an IEP meeting. I just feel put on the spot.. like I should have the answers to any problems when I know about as much as they do. Here the schools are tobacco free so one would assume that means anything smoke- able. But Florida just allowed medicinal marijuana

Quoting mischele: I guess my thought is eat an edible before. Dont smoke on school property infront of other peoples children. But the students come to school high as well.

Quoting PJMM: Idk I hate IEP meetings for ds. I get very anxious. I'm sure everything there would appreciate a doobie lol.

We have Florida man.

Quoting mischele: Colorado and adults smoke pot at school functions. Ugh
Susan_Marie1984
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:18 AM
Right! My FIL is a butcher and he makes a bunch of stuff out of odds and ends. I have learned to not ask what I'm eating. lol

Quoting skyenbaby: I’m in PA where people grind up leftover pig parts, form it in to loaves, slice it, grill it and actually eat it. I’ll never understand why they love scrapple so much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:16 PM
Really I feel like we have the least bit of an accent which probably does sound weird compared to surrounding areas. My dads family is from Virginia and they just sound, well, Virginian lol

Quoting franciaanya: Maryland accents are hilarious.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’m from Maryland and we have nothing interesting! Not even a fun accent. Lol
franciaanya
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Yeah. I can tell if a person is from MD by the way they pronounce to or you. There's other words, too. That could be a Baltimore thing, though. Other people that I know from Maryland also have a distinct way of pronouncing their words but it's not the same as people from Baltimore. It could be a regional thing, though. Maybe ethnicity, too? One of my old soldiers was from Maryland but I don't think he was from a city. He didn't have an accent.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Really I feel like we have the least bit of an accent which probably does sound weird compared to surrounding areas. My dads family is from Virginia and they just sound, well, Virginian lol
Quoting franciaanya: Maryland accents are hilarious.
Quoting Anonymous 2: I’m from Maryland and we have nothing interesting! Not even a fun accent. Lol

tammeee3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:56 PM
im from NY also and think everything we do us normal too

Quoting Anonymous 5: When we first moved to the US buying milk in a carton or plastic jug was the weirdest thing!

I'm in NY. I'll wait for others to tell me what weird things we do because it's all normal to me.

Quoting MistyMoo: I'm from Ontario and we buy our milk in bags lol
wakymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Don't forget that we can't buy cold beer in stores.

Quoting Anonymous 28: I’m in Indiana. We can’t buy alcohol or cars on Sunday (although the Sunday alcohol sales may be changing this year).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)