Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name something weird that people from your state do.

I'm from Wisconsin and we look for the squeekest cheese curds.

And.... Go! 😁
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 2:36 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Here are two weird Pennsylvania things. The parks right up the road from me!
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:38 PM
Our football team and our candy have the same name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:40 PM
Garbage plates?

Quoting Anonymous 30:

Quoting Anonymous 5: When we first moved to the US buying milk in a carton or plastic jug was the weirdest thing!

I'm in NY. I'll wait for others to tell me what weird things we do because it's all normal to me.

Quoting MistyMoo: I'm from Ontario and we buy our milk in bags lol

You eat garbage plates!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:43 PM

I'm from PA and we put french fries & coleslaw on our sandwiches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:54 PM
Haha, yeah I guess I do too. But when I start drinking I have a drunk accent that makes everything literal so I will say Mary land

Quoting Anonymous 31: I’ve met tourists from Maryland that pronounce Maryland like this : murra-lin

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe that’s it. I’m from the northeast part, near Delaware so we have the really boring area. Lol

Quoting franciaanya:

Yeah. I can tell if a person is from MD by the way they pronounce to or you. There's other words, too. That could be a Baltimore thing, though. Other people that I know from Maryland also have a distinct way of pronouncing their words but it's not the same as people from Baltimore. It could be a regional thing, though. Maybe ethnicity, too? One of my old soldiers was from Maryland but I don't think he was from a city. He didn't have an accent.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Really I feel like we have the least bit of an accent which probably does sound weird compared to surrounding areas. My dads family is from Virginia and they just sound, well, Virginian lol

Quoting franciaanya: Maryland accents are hilarious.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’m from Maryland and we have nothing interesting! Not even a fun accent. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous 5: Garbage plates?
Quoting Anonymous 30:

Quoting Anonymous 5: When we first moved to the US buying milk in a carton or plastic jug was the weirdest thing! I'm in NY. I'll wait for others to tell me what weird things we do because it's all normal to me.

You eat garbage plates!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Tahou_Hots

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:56 PM
As I’m saying it out loud like a weirdo I realize I say marahlind

Quoting Anonymous 2: Haha, yeah I guess I do too. But when I start drinking I have a drunk accent that makes everything literal so I will say Mary land

Quoting Anonymous 31: I’ve met tourists from Maryland that pronounce Maryland like this : murra-lin

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe that’s it. I’m from the northeast part, near Delaware so we have the really boring area. Lol

Quoting franciaanya:

Yeah. I can tell if a person is from MD by the way they pronounce to or you. There's other words, too. That could be a Baltimore thing, though. Other people that I know from Maryland also have a distinct way of pronouncing their words but it's not the same as people from Baltimore. It could be a regional thing, though. Maybe ethnicity, too? One of my old soldiers was from Maryland but I don't think he was from a city. He didn't have an accent.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Really I feel like we have the least bit of an accent which probably does sound weird compared to surrounding areas. My dads family is from Virginia and they just sound, well, Virginian lol

Quoting franciaanya: Maryland accents are hilarious.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’m from Maryland and we have nothing interesting! Not even a fun accent. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:07 PM
The only weird thing I can find is I guess everyone from Colorado drives a suburb. That and, we actually have a larger population of Texans than we do Coloradans. At least in the city I'm from.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:15 PM
Ewm I've never heard of that before. No one I know goes to Rochester and I've never been there.

Quoting Anonymous 30:

Quoting Anonymous 5: Garbage plates?

Quoting Anonymous 30:

Quoting Anonymous 5: When we first moved to the US buying milk in a carton or plastic jug was the weirdest thing!

I'm in NY. I'll wait for others to tell me what weird things we do because it's all normal to me.

You eat garbage plates!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Tahou_Hots

Blackburn3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Texas ??

Quoting mojogirl:

we don't put beans in our chili

we will stand in line for hours for good bbq

we can make anything into a taco

we can fry anything and make it delicious

and a "short drive" is anything less than 8 hours

what state am i in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)