Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am DONE with preschool!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've been a head start case manager for two years. Today was my last day. I hope to God I never go back in a preschool again!!!

Most of the kids are good... But there are some... I've decided it's time to quit before I end up losing everything over a child.

I spent seven years with adults with sevre disabilities. I was never hit on purpose. In two years with preschoolers I have been bit, hit, kicked, had coffee thrown in my face, stabbed with scissors... I usually have huge brusies on my shins from these kids. One little girl clawed my face and pulled out a chunk of hair. I almost smacked her!! I had to stop myself and put her down and walk away. That's when I knew I needed a new job! One of these little kids is NOT worth losing everything over!

Yesterday a four year old called me a stupid bitch. Then proceeded to loudly scream shut the fuck up you stupid mother fucker while flipping us off....... We couldn'tput him in time out. We just had to "redirect him" and tell him to use nice words not hurtful words.

IMO preschool teachers deserve like $30 an hour! If you can do it, more power to you. Preschool is NOT for me!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:58 PM
Replies (21-25):
paxtonsunny
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:54 PM
Where are you? How awful.
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:50 PM
I'm not surprised. I am sorry you had a bad experience like that though. THAT many of the kids acting like that is not the norm. You can always try a different center.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:59 PM
I work for head Start. I love it. 8 years now. This year alone I’ve been called a “dumb bitch” and a “freaking asshole” by 2 different kids. Didn’t bother me. I just reminded them that we use nice words in school. I have been punched, kicked, beat up. I still go back every day.

lustfull
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:13 PM
I'm now a lead two teacher and we have cameras..I had three monkeys standing in the back window ledge while I'm changing a diaper.ratio is 1:11, so while I'm changing in looking at the camera and seriously saying out loud "do you guys not see this, can y'all come help"? Idk if they really saw it or not
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:52 PM
When i was younger i had more patience to deal with mouthy kids but many people said their kids behaved better for me than the parents lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh I know he does. He tells us.. I try to talk to Mom about it, but she denies it. All I can do is offer support

Quoting Anonymous 2: I used to nanny and the parents let me do my thing and i was gratefulm its not for the faint of heart thats for sure. I would never have put up with that but that kid probably hears it at home all the time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)