Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh is jealous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because my ex comes over and helps me out with the kids while he's gone working. He takes us to appointments, grocery shopping, and take our kids to and from school. We're saving for another vehicle. He eben watches tbem so I can sleep for a couple hours during the day.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:32 PM
Replies (201-210):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:38 AM
You don’t get why your husband doesn’t like you hanging with your ex all day? Why do you need help with the kids? Many moms can handle their kids while dad works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:39 AM
My ex and i have kids together. I dont want to be with him or i would be with him. No i wouldn't mind if dh had an ex he had kids with who came over to help. Im not petty or jealous like that

Quoting Anonymous 27: Let me get this straight your ex is NOT the kids father ?

Lady you want to be with your ex . Get a friend who isn’t an ex . Your dh doesn’t like it and although you wouldn’t care if it was the other way around ( supposingly ...bc that’s not the case ...so you don’t REALLY know how you would feel about it ) you should at least respect that . But you don’t care about your dh’s feelings
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:41 AM
He isn't here all day, not even everyday. I don't see the harm in him helping. He always has helped me and dh knows this. I dont know why he has an issue now.

Quoting Anonymous 28: You don�t get why your husband doesn�t like you hanging with your ex all day? Why do you need help with the kids? Many moms can handle their kids while dad works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:45 AM
I think it’s fine to be friendly but to hang out with him like you do . I just think that’s odd. And your dh doesn’t like it . Can’t you compromise and meet him with the kids or something . You should not be going shopping with the man . He isn’t JUST a friend . He is someone you had a life with . Can’t you see how your dh would feel insecure about this ? Ex’s have been known to get back.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My ex and i have kids together. I dont want to be with him or i would be with him. No i wouldn't mind if dh had an ex he had kids with who came over to help. Im not petty or jealous like that

Lady you want to be with your ex . Get a friend who isn’t an ex . Your dh doesn’t like it and although you wouldn’t care if it was the other way around ( supposingly ...bc that’s not the case ...so you don’t REALLY know how you would feel about it ) you should at least respect that . But you don’t care about your dh’s feelings
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:53 AM
Why can't i go shopping with him? I have no other way to get groceries. He IS just a friend. We don't have sex lol i dont go places. We are not getting back together

Quoting Anonymous 27: I think it’s fine to be friendly but to hang out with him like you do . I just think that’s odd. And your dh doesn’t like it . Can’t you compromise and meet him with the kids or something . You should not be going shopping with the man . He isn’t JUST a friend . He is someone you had a life with . Can’t you see how your dh would feel insecure about this ? Ex’s have been known to get back.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My ex and i have kids together. I dont want to be with him or i would be with him. No i wouldn't mind if dh had an ex he had kids with who came over to help. Im not petty or jealous like that

winedrinker2
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:00 AM
You say you aren’t getting back together but like everybody always says “ it just happened”

And When I said just a friend I didn’t mean you were screwing him now . I meant you have ...so you aren’t really just friends . At one point it was more than that and in your dh’s eyes can easily be again .

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why can't i go shopping with him? I have no other way to get groceries. He IS just a friend. We don't have sex lol i dont go places. We are not getting back together

Quoting Anonymous 27: I think it’s fine to be friendly but to hang out with him like you do . I just think that’s odd. And your dh doesn’t like it . Can’t you compromise and meet him with the kids or something . You should not be going shopping with the man . He isn’t JUST a friend . He is someone you had a life with . Can’t you see how your dh would feel insecure about this ? Ex’s have been known to get back.

winedrinker2
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:02 AM
Also can’t your dh take you grocery shopping when he is home . He would probably be happy to . It would mean your ex wouldn’t have to

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why can't i go shopping with him? I have no other way to get groceries. He IS just a friend. We don't have sex lol i dont go places. We are not getting back together

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:02 AM
Lol it's been 5 years. If i really wanted him. It would have happened by now and yes he is just a friend. We have history and that's all

Quoting winedrinker2: You say you aren’t getting back together but like everybody always says “ it just happened”

And When I said just a friend I didn’t mean you were screwing him now . I meant you have ...so you aren’t really just friends . At one point it was more than that and in your dh’s eyes can easily be again .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:03 AM
When he comes home but he isn't suppose to come home until next friday

Quoting winedrinker2: Also can’t your dh take you grocery shopping when he is home . He would probably be happy to . It would mean your ex wouldn’t have to

winedrinker2
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:13 AM
Well I guess you aren’t going to change your outlook on the matter and either is dh so I’d say you both need to discuss it further and if you can’t come to an agreement you are both satisfied with you will have to separate.

I just hope you are prepared to lose your dh bc that looks like it’s the way things will go.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol it's been 5 years. If i really wanted him. It would have happened by now and yes he is just a friend. We have history and that's all

Quoting winedrinker2: You say you aren’t getting back together but like everybody always says “ it just happened”

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)