Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life With A Golden Retriever...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:51 PM
  • 15 Replies

Maya's one true love is the water...well, maybe after me and the kids but it's a narrow margin. We have an above ground pool that she seems to enjoy more than the kids do. Of course, it's too cold for us to use the pool so it is drained and covered. I went out onto the pool deck to get our extra deck chairs and she followed me out like she was so excited. She ran to the pool, sniffed at the cover, and then laid down and started whining at me like I did something horrible by getting her hopes up. She pawed at the cover a few times and didn't want to come back inside when I called her. We need an indoor pool with a heater for the dog, lol. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:59 PM

BUMP!

SweetPegasus08
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:05 PM
Lol that's cute. Our labs always know when my grandpa is going to take them for a walk. He doesn't actually say or do anything (noticable anyway) to tip them off. It's like they're psychic. They get really excited and one barks her head off while the other one jumps up and down like a kangaroo lol.
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Our dogs go nuts if we pick up the leashes. 

Quoting SweetPegasus08: Lol that's cute. Our labs always know when my grandpa is going to take them for a walk. He doesn't actually say or do anything (noticable anyway) to tip them off. It's like they're psychic. They get really excited and one barks her head off while the other one jumps up and down like a kangaroo lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:55 AM
We have a golden/gsd mix. He absolutely is the biggest goof ball ever. But he's so sweet lol. He sits in the bathtub whining for baths. We usually just add a few inches of water so he can splash around :)
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM

Aww! I've always wanted a GSD. Maya hates baths and rain but loves every other source of water. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have a golden/gsd mix. He absolutely is the biggest goof ball ever. But he's so sweet lol. He sits in the bathtub whining for baths. We usually just add a few inches of water so he can splash around :)

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:31 PM

Ours are like that too. We take them on walks a lot and, even if we say walk in another language, they get excited and run to the door. 

Quoting SweetPegasus08: Lol that's cute. Our labs always know when my grandpa is going to take them for a walk. He doesn't actually say or do anything (noticable anyway) to tip them off. It's like they're psychic. They get really excited and one barks her head off while the other one jumps up and down like a kangaroo lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM
It's sweet and cute to a point lol. There's nothing quite like having a 110 lb dog barrel in the bathroom and jump into the shower with you. Or him breaking a door because he thought he heard bath water. He literally broke the bathroom door in half by running through it :) He's my baby I'd never trade him for anything.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Aww! I've always wanted a GSD. Maya hates baths and rain but loves every other source of water. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have a golden/gsd mix. He absolutely is the biggest goof ball ever. But he's so sweet lol. He sits in the bathtub whining for baths. We usually just add a few inches of water so he can splash around :)

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:44 PM

Lol. Maya is only about 70lbs. She will accept a bath but she makes it clear that she is not happy. She will slump to the bathroom and crawl into the tub and won't look at me until she is dry.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's sweet and cute to a point lol. There's nothing quite like having a 110 lb dog barrel in the bathroom and jump into the shower with you. Or him breaking a door because he thought he heard bath water. He literally broke the bathroom door in half by running through it :) He's my baby I'd never trade him for anything.
Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

SweetPegasus08
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:46 PM
That's awesome! Dogs are too smart for their own good.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Ours are like that too. We take them on walks a lot and, even if we say walk in another language, they get excited and run to the door. 

Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:47 PM
LOL
Cute!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)