Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life With A Golden Retriever...

Maya's one true love is the water...well, maybe after me and the kids but it's a narrow margin. We have an above ground pool that she seems to enjoy more than the kids do. Of course, it's too cold for us to use the pool so it is drained and covered. I went out onto the pool deck to get our extra deck chairs and she followed me out like she was so excited. She ran to the pool, sniffed at the cover, and then laid down and started whining at me like I did something horrible by getting her hopes up. She pawed at the cover a few times and didn't want to come back inside when I called her. We need an indoor pool with a heater for the dog, lol. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:51 PM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:47 PM
My golden hated baths but didn't hesitate one bit to jump in the muck in the marsh at the end of the block any chance she could. Or the salt water in the bay. Or a big mud puddle. Or...

My weimaraner hates any form of water. She loves cuddles more than the golden though.
Camzm0m
by Bridgette on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:47 PM
Our boxers think everything we eat they deserve a bite of and they argue with my husband every night throughout dinner.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:54 PM
We had a flat coat retriever mix that loved the water so much we would have to tie him up if we left him on land ( with other people) while we took people on our boat. He would swim after us otherwise. He was a big guy and would spread out in the front of the boat so he couldn’t always go if we wanted friends to go.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:30 PM
What is up with Golden's? I've had two. Both were/are nuts about swimming, but a rain drop or a bath was/is a fate worse than death! Haha Both would swim in the ocean, in Maine, in March, but a nice warm bath? I might as well pour acid on them. Haha

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Aww! I've always wanted a GSD. Maya hates baths and rain but loves every other source of water. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have a golden/gsd mix. He absolutely is the biggest goof ball ever. But he's so sweet lol. He sits in the bathtub whining for baths. We usually just add a few inches of water so he can splash around :)

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 2:50 AM

They're water breeds. Labs are the same way. We have 5 dogs and Maya is the only one who really likes our pool. The others like the lake sometimes, except the chihuahua. She hates all water. 

Quoting Momtoone07: What is up with Golden's? I've had two. Both were/are nuts about swimming, but a rain drop or a bath was/is a fate worse than death! Haha Both would swim in the ocean, in Maine, in March, but a nice warm bath? I might as well pour acid on them. Haha
Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Aww! I've always wanted a GSD. Maya hates baths and rain but loves every other source of water. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have a golden/gsd mix. He absolutely is the biggest goof ball ever. But he's so sweet lol. He sits in the bathtub whining for baths. We usually just add a few inches of water so he can splash around :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)