Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you get for Valentine’s Day for a preschool class?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just wondering. I don’t do Valentine’s Day, but it’s my son’s first one with school anyway, and I’m sure some kids in his class don’t get anything. I want to make it fun for all

There are 20 altogether and that includes the teachers.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:26 PM
Replies (41-45):
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:48 AM

My kids are doing ring pops, rice crispy treats, dippin sticks, and emoji lollis.

by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:49 AM
My DD didn't attend preschool.

They exchanged cards in Kindergarten.
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:51 AM
My kiddos aren't allowed candy because of allergies so well probably do stickers or something
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:59 AM

the year my kids were 3 or 4, their preschool had a Valentines party in the classroom, and parents brought in treats.  Nearly everything was red.  This is what they gave them for snack, and then for the rest of the week they gave them the leftover cookies and snack cakes and what not.  On day 4 of this nonsense I went to the director and told her that it was unacceptable.  We paid good money for this daycare, and that fee included healthy meals and snacks.  I had three kids bouncing off the ceilings for days, wired up on red dye.  People want to blame it on the sugar, but look at the chemicals we are pumping in to our kids.  

My kid's first grade teacher told us that she cringed the days the school served the red italian ice-type icies for dessert.  the kids who came back with those cherry-red lips and tongues were pretty much done for the day.  Once we realized how sensitive our kids were to these products, we just didn't let them have them.  If we know that is what is being served we have an alternative on hand. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: yeah I'm being careful as it's a special needs preschool class
Quoting Anonymous 7: Something to consider- nearly all valentines day candy is dyed red. Some kids are extremely sensitive to artificial red dye. My youngest, she would be bouncing off the walls with the smallest amount.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm doing suckers valentines since I think that is safe for allergy issues

by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:57 PM

yep, I'm doing cards as well. I'll involve my child in prepping the cards...A little object lesson as to the reason we are doing this: to show love & care to our classmates & teachers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)