Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this rude...invited to bachelorette party not wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

My best friend is having a destination wedding. She only invited family and a couple of close friends. I have been helping plan her wedding and i know she really wants to have a bachelorette party. I want to invite all her friends but i dont know if that would be rude because they are not invited to the wedding ... This wouldn't be a bridal shower, no presents involved. Just girls going out; drinking, dancing the night away, and strippers (women strippers). What do you ladies think? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That you helped plan her wedding is where I find it rather rude that you're not invited to it and not the issue of the bachelor party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:01 PM
Yes. Very rude and tacky. DH was invited to a bachelor party and we were not invited. It was odd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:01 PM

Lol no! I am invtied to the wedding but the girls I want to invited are not.

Quoting PPCLC:

That you helped plan her wedding is where I find it rather rude that you're not invited to it and not the issue of the bachelor party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:01 PM
Rude and tacky.
hart57
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:02 PM
It’s not rude. They can’t take everyone with so it’s nice to go out and celebrate with everyone. Just don’t ask people to pay for stuff. If they offer fine, but don’t say everyone chip in for a hotel or limo.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:03 PM
4 moms liked this
For a destination wedding I am saying no, not rude or tacky.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:03 PM

I misunderstood and/or misread.

They're being included in a portion of the celebration of her big day with the bachelor party and provided these are friend's she knows will not mind, I don't see the problem then.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Lol no! I am invtied to the wedding but the girls I want to invited are not.

Quoting PPCLC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:03 PM
Let them know ahead of time. I'd pass because of women strippers even if I was invited to the wedding.
ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:04 PM
I see no problem with it. I had a combined bachelorette ( my best friends wedding was 2? weeks in difference). We had the same circle of friends so it just made sense. No friends or family besides her siblings, parents and son were allowed (I was there while getting ready for a moment to drop off her cake and lace up her dress). No one that mattered cared
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see an issue. They're just out celebrating an upcoming marriage with a friend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)