Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MLM

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:43 PM
  • 68 Replies
Anyone here make a decent living selling products via Multi Level Marketing? Maybe not you but a friend?

Herbalife?
Pampered Chef?
Avon?
Amway?
Scentsy?

I'm just curious.
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotACatfish.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they’re all scams, and annoying ones at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:45 PM
I refuse to have anything to do with that junk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:46 PM
Nah, all my friends who sold that crap got on my nerves. I’d go to the occasional party for the free food. Judging by how often they switched what they were selling, they didn’t make money at it.

My aunt did amazing at Mary Kay, but I attribute that to her being really smart, tireless, and way more aggressive than I’d ever want to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Everytime I see someone trying to sell that stuff on my facebook I notice its not long before they stop and you never hear about it anymore and then they are on the next scam bandwagon. 

ilovemykids323
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:49 PM

most people are NOT successful at that stuff. I know someone who SEEMS to be doing good at scentsy and another with Lularoe but how much if it is show and how much of it is actual doing good.

squeekers
by squeekers on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Had a buddy try & sell Melaluka but it was such a pyramid scheme, wasn't funny.
Tmommarex
by Kennedy on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:51 PM
Same.

I have one friend that did it all. Scentsy, Pampered Chef, Herbalife, Avon, Lularoe.

I know she spent way more than she ever made.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nah, all my friends who sold that crap got on my nerves. I’d go to the occasional party for the free food. Judging by how often they switched what they were selling, they didn’t make money at it.

My aunt did amazing at Mary Kay, but I attribute that to her being really smart, tireless, and way more aggressive than I’d ever want to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:55 PM
I know a lady who makes about $4000 a month selling ItWorks. I would never do it for myself, no matter how much money I could make.
Oliviasmom72
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:56 PM
I can’t imagine anyone makes a living on just doing MLM you usually lose friends in the process. The only one I like is Avon and I’m not sure that’s MLM. It’s more direct sales
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:56 PM
I know a few successful people doing different things. I tried doing Tupperware, but I did a couple parties and then stopped.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)