Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you think I was talking about?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
An acquaintance invited my kids and I over so our kids could play and we could talk. I told her we could come but I am watching a baby and would have to bring him too. She said it was fine.
So we go over there and I walk in the door with the baby in his carrier and her eyes get big. She says "Oh, you meant like a baby baby. I didn't expect you to bring like an actual baby!"
It was totally awkward after that and we didn't stay long.
Is I'm bringing a baby really that vague?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:43 PM
Replies (21-27):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:13 PM
We laugh when we call my nieces dd the baby. Shes 5 but tiny and full of spunk. Like a demon baby. She wanted to try and toss me out of a window one time lol

Quoting winedrinker2: Same here . Well my niece is 8 and we still do . She is the youngest of her cousins ..lol

That is I guess what she thought you meant . That’s the only thing I can think of . I mean a baby is a baby what is so hard to understand??

Quoting Anonymous 4: Maybe she thought you meant a toddler. Some people call the youngest the baby even past the baby age. My nieces lo is 5 and we still call her the baby lol
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:16 PM

This

Quoting justhappy4u: Sometimes baby means "my baby" as in my young child.

winedrinker2
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:17 PM
Yeah my SO was like she’s not a baby ..lol bc I said so nonchalantly “oh yeah Marlo is bringing the baby”

Before her my dd was”the baby” . She was 6 when my niece was born

Quoting Anonymous 4: We laugh when we call my nieces dd the baby. Shes 5 but tiny and full of spunk. Like a demon baby. She wanted to try and toss me out of a window one time lol

Quoting winedrinker2: Same here . Well my niece is 8 and we still do . She is the youngest of her cousins ..lol

That is I guess what she thought you meant . That’s the only thing I can think of . I mean a baby is a baby what is so hard to understand??

Quoting Anonymous 4: Maybe she thought you meant a toddler. Some people call the youngest the baby even past the baby age. My nieces lo is 5 and we still call her the baby lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:18 PM
Except my youngest was the one her girls wanted to play with. We share a mutual friend so she knows I don't call her my baby nor do I say I watch her.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

This

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:22 PM

But it could have been someone elses young child.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Except my youngest was the one her girls wanted to play with. We share a mutual friend so she knows I don't call her my baby nor do I say I watch her.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

This

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:24 PM
She has met this baby before too.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Except my youngest was the one her girls wanted to play with. We share a mutual friend so she knows I don't call her my baby nor do I say I watch her.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

This

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:27 PM

Oh then that is just weird

Quoting Anonymous 1: She has met this baby before too.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

This

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)