Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to get dd another one but Dh thinks she’s too old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

Mobile Photo

My 5 yr old dd has a glow seahorse. (It’s like a glow worm) it glows and plays music for like 2 minutes before slowly shutting off. The one that dd has is old. It was given to me at my baby shower for my 14 yr old. My 14 yr old slept with it until she was 3, my now 7 yr old slept with it until she was 2 and my 5 yr old has had it pretty much since she was born. Even with brand new batteries it sounds like a demon spawn summoning Satan. The music is all distorted. It’s also pretty grungy and I can’t just throw it in the washer. It hasn’t held up well to spot washing. I want to buy dd a new one. They’re like 10.00 at Walmart. Dh is completely against it because dd is too old and it’s a baby toy. She’s 5 and scared of the dark. I think she would love a new one. She doesn’t bring it anywhere except my mom’s for sleepovers or with us if we go on vacation over night. I’m pretty sure I’m going to get her a new one anyway. Would you even though it’s a “baby” toy?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
The music box comes out so you can wash it you know, or at least you used to be able to take it out.

I wouldn't purchase another one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:13 AM
4 moms liked this
I'd get her another. It comforters her, nothing wrong with that. She'll out grow it eventually.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:14 AM
6 moms liked this

I would find a more grown up way to make her feel secure but I prefer to make kids grow up faster than most moms do. I dont have the "I want to keep my baby a baby for as long as possible" gene.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would get her another. My middle dd is 8 and still sleeps with several stuffies including one with a light. I just replaced one for her that had been lost. It was a beanie baby.
I don't see anything wrong with getting another for your dd.
Sans-Equanimity
by Closet Optimist on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely would. No doubt. It's a newer version of a special thing that maybe she can pass on to someone else one day.
MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
She’s 5. She is still a baby. There’s no point in rushing her to grow up. Tell him to lighten up and savor these years. Buy her the seahorse thing.
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
It is so funny that you posted this. My 7 year old has one that he's had since he was a baby, except it's the blue one. We were just talking about buying a new one mostly for the inside part... he loves "Sea" to death and sleeps with it every night, so I am not hesitating to get a new one. I slept with 2 stuffed bears and a baby blanket until I was 10 or so. I don't see anything wrong with it. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:16 AM
I would get her another one. Lovies are never outgrown as far as I'm concerned.
belle2780
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:16 AM
I would look at a small lamp. My kids are scared of the dark as well and we bought my son a small ocean lamp that can change colors and play music if we connect it to a phone or music player. It lights his ceiling up so it gives an underwater affect. My daughter has a sphere shaped light that can change colors or stay on one color that she loves along with a lamp that is based off the magical rose from beauty and the beast that has different lighting modes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:16 AM
I honestly never tried. It might. I’ll check in the morning.

Quoting Anonymous 2: The music box comes out so you can wash it you know, or at least you used to be able to take it out.

I wouldn't purchase another one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)