Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to get dd another one but Dh thinks she’s too old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

My 5 yr old dd has a glow seahorse. (It’s like a glow worm) it glows and plays music for like 2 minutes before slowly shutting off. The one that dd has is old. It was given to me at my baby shower for my 14 yr old. My 14 yr old slept with it until she was 3, my now 7 yr old slept with it until she was 2 and my 5 yr old has had it pretty much since she was born. Even with brand new batteries it sounds like a demon spawn summoning Satan. The music is all distorted. It’s also pretty grungy and I can’t just throw it in the washer. It hasn’t held up well to spot washing. I want to buy dd a new one. They’re like 10.00 at Walmart. Dh is completely against it because dd is too old and it’s a baby toy. She’s 5 and scared of the dark. I think she would love a new one. She doesn’t bring it anywhere except my mom’s for sleepovers or with us if we go on vacation over night. I’m pretty sure I’m going to get her a new one anyway. Would you even though it’s a “baby” toy?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:09 AM
Replies (91-94):
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:44 PM
I’d get a new one. My 10 year old still sleeps with a bear she got for her 3rd birthday. She doesn’t take it out anymore, and has even left it home for sleepovers. I’m sure one day the bear will get moved to a shelf, but until then it’s not hurting anyone
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:48 PM
I see nothing wrong with buying her another one. It has nothing to do with keeping her a baby.
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:51 PM

I would get her one. If she likes it he can get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:58 PM

buy a new one

Hell.. Puffalumps were popular when my first dd was born. She took that grungy ugly thing to college with her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)