Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irs refund question 2 part

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

Mobile Photo

2 part question:
Dh is legally 750 behind on child support (he gave her gave her 750 for trip for sd and supplies, he assumed it would be included in child support, ya live and learn) we received the spouse paper to agree to release funds from our state refund. I signed and mailed it yesterday. How long does the process take.

Second part:
When I check where’s my refund the pic above is what I get. But some people already have a deposit date prior to then 15th. Anyone else see this ? My state won’t cover all of the 750 so they will take the rest out of federal. How long would it take for them to release my money after they give her hers ?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:54 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:57 AM
Weird..we just filed the other day and the first section is colored in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:01 AM
See why it’s weird

Quoting Anonymous 2: Weird..we just filed the other day and the first section is colored in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:02 AM
Yeah... Here's even the weirdest part, I owe a little in CS from before, and I didn't get that message.

Quoting Anonymous 1: See why it’s weird

Quoting Anonymous 2: Weird..we just filed the other day and the first section is colored in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:05 AM

One time, when I filed Injured Spouse, it took 18 months for EITHER of us to get the money.  The second time, it slowed it down by 6 months.  We both (BM and I) got both tax checks in July of the second year.  

Talk about live and learn.  My DH spent the first 5 YEARS of SD's life paying directly to BM.  She took him to court and said he had never paid any of his child support.  He paid her in cash so he had no proof.  The judge sided with her and BOOM, over $15000 in arrears.  Took us 7 years to pay it off.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:08 AM
When my ex was behind on child support we just received a notice from the IRS that our check had been garnished for the amount he owed. I expected a delay but it was only a couple of days later that the check came. It wasn't really late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:09 AM

Mine was colored in too until today, when I got the same message as the OP.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:14 AM
Mine did the same, and no child support or anything being taken out.

The first couple of days (it was probably around a week after I filed before I checked), I had a status bar and a deposit date of 2/21. Looked again a few days later just to see if they went from accepted to approved yet and got the “mid-late February” message.

I’d like to know how February 21 isn’t mid-late February already 🤷‍♀️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:48 AM
They told me the earliest that refunds could issued was Feb.27. I also had the part where it was received colored in

Quoting Anonymous 5: Mine did the same, and no child support or anything being taken out.

The first couple of days (it was probably around a week after I filed before I checked), I had a status bar and a deposit date of 2/21. Looked again a few days later just to see if they went from accepted to approved yet and got the “mid-late February” message.

I’d like to know how February 21 isn’t mid-late February already 🤷‍♀️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:49 AM
I just got mine on my card about ten seconds ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)