Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irs refund question 2 part

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

2 part question:
Dh is legally 750 behind on child support (he gave her gave her 750 for trip for sd and supplies, he assumed it would be included in child support, ya live and learn) we received the spouse paper to agree to release funds from our state refund. I signed and mailed it yesterday. How long does the process take.

Second part:
When I check where’s my refund the pic above is what I get. But some people already have a deposit date prior to then 15th. Anyone else see this ? My state won’t cover all of the 750 so they will take the rest out of federal. How long would it take for them to release my money after they give her hers ?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:47 AM
Replies (41-49):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:22 AM
They probably got the loan. With that being said . If you are close to someone you may know if they get eic. of you know somewhat what they make

Quoting Anonymous 12: Lol..right..because it's totally normal for people to just blurt out their personal tax information. It's not exactly something to be proud of being low income and getting EIC. There is no way that you know that much information about several peoples private tax information unless you prepared them yourself. Being you don't understand that it's against federal law for those refunds to be released I doubt that. If they did get them then they used a tax preparer and got an advance

Quoting Anonymous 5: Believe what you want. I personally know people all over the US and a few of them, the ones that filed early, have the EIC and/or ACTC and have received their refund. They were even accepted before 1/29 when IRS supposedly wasn’t going to accept any before then.

Actually, last year, I had mine before they were supposedly releasing...so I really didn’t believe they’d actually wait this year.

Quoting Anonymous 12: Lol..Ok sure..I have ocean front property in Arizona are you interested? You can't seriously believe that you just happen to know more than one person that "slipped through the cracks" of a flawed system..common now..You are right no system is perfect but this is a huge stretch. How would you have that much information about several other peoples private tax returns anyways to know they had EIC or ATCT

Quoting Anonymous 5: I think I personally know some of the few that slipped through the cracks. No system is perfect, and it’s obviously going to make mistakes.

Quoting Anonymous 12: Anyone who got their refunds already didn't have EIC or ACTC. Do you seriously believe that the IRS just happened to break federal tax law and you knew a few people that they broke the law for? They can not release those refunds. Ours was selected early on the 19th for test rounds. We had a dd of the ninth. Untill the screen changed to the screen about the tax law that started last year and they have to hold until the 17th. This is not new we went through this just year.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Mine had received and accepted colored in. With approved and deposit sent left to go.

BUT, it’s supposed to be flagging anyone with EIC or ACTC, though I know a few who got those andbhave received their refund (not the early refund from the tax preparer) already.

Quoting Anonymous 6: They told me the earliest that refunds could issued was Feb.27. I also had the part where it was received colored in

Quoting Anonymous 5: Mine did the same, and no child support or anything being taken out.

The first couple of days (it was probably around a week after I filed before I checked), I had a status bar and a deposit date of 2/21. Looked again a few days later just to see if they went from accepted to approved yet and got the “mid-late February” message.

I’d like to know how February 21 isn’t mid-late February already 🤷‍♀️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:32 AM

Right and I have mentioned getting the loans from prepares several times, but she said they didn't get the advance loan. And yes if you are close to someone you might know that but several people all over the country common... All I'm saying is its wrong to come in here spreading false information giving people false hope that they are gonna get their refunds before they actually are.  Anon 5 is just talking out her ass giving people false hope they will get theirs soon. 

Quoting Anonymous 16: They probably got the loan. With that being said . If you are close to someone you may know if they get eic. of you know somewhat what they make
Quoting Anonymous 12: Lol..right..because it's totally normal for people to just blurt out their personal tax information. It's not exactly something to be proud of being low income and getting EIC. There is no way that you know that much information about several peoples private tax information unless you prepared them yourself. Being you don't understand that it's against federal law for those refunds to be released I doubt that. If they did get them then they used a tax preparer and got an advance
Quoting Anonymous 5: Believe what you want. I personally know people all over the US and a few of them, the ones that filed early, have the EIC and/or ACTC and have received their refund. They were even accepted before 1/29 when IRS supposedly wasn’t going to accept any before then. Actually, last year, I had mine before they were supposedly releasing...so I really didn’t believe they’d actually wait this year.
Quoting Anonymous 12: Lol..Ok sure..I have ocean front property in Arizona are you interested? You can't seriously believe that you just happen to know more than one person that "slipped through the cracks" of a flawed system..common now..You are right no system is perfect but this is a huge stretch. How would you have that much information about several other peoples private tax returns anyways to know they had EIC or ATCT
Quoting Anonymous 5: I think I personally know some of the few that slipped through the cracks. No system is perfect, and it’s obviously going to make mistakes.
Quoting Anonymous 12: Anyone who got their refunds already didn't have EIC or ACTC. Do you seriously believe that the IRS just happened to break federal tax law and you knew a few people that they broke the law for? They can not release those refunds. Ours was selected early on the 19th for test rounds. We had a dd of the ninth. Untill the screen changed to the screen about the tax law that started last year and they have to hold until the 17th. This is not new we went through this just year.
Quoting Anonymous 5: Mine had received and accepted colored in. With approved and deposit sent left to go. BUT, it’s supposed to be flagging anyone with EIC or ACTC, though I know a few who got those andbhave received their refund (not the early refund from the tax preparer) already.
Quoting Anonymous 6: They told me the earliest that refunds could issued was Feb.27. I also had the part where it was received colored in
Quoting Anonymous 5: Mine did the same, and no child support or anything being taken out. The first couple of days (it was probably around a week after I filed before I checked), I had a status bar and a deposit date of 2/21. Looked again a few days later just to see if they went from accepted to approved yet and got the “mid-late February” message. I’d like to know how February 21 isn’t mid-late February already 🤷‍♀️

codfish
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:38 AM
CS is taken out when the custodial parent files the paperwork.

EETC is a huge problem where fraud is concerned. Therefore the IRS has taken steps to combat the problem.

If you filed and only claimed a normal refund you will get it back quickly.

However if you are claiming money you didn't pay in to begin with (EETC), be grateful you get it at all. It is other taxpayers paying you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:13 AM
Anyone who got it early got the loan.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Believe what you want. I personally know people all over the US and a few of them, the ones that filed early, have the EIC and/or ACTC and have received their refund. They were even accepted before 1/29 when IRS supposedly wasn’t going to accept any before then.

Actually, last year, I had mine before they were supposedly releasing...so I really didn’t believe they’d actually wait this year.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Mine had received and accepted colored in. With approved and deposit sent left to go.

BUT, it’s supposed to be flagging anyone with EIC or ACTC, though I know a few who got those andbhave received their refund (not the early refund from the tax preparer) already.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Mine did the same, and no child support or anything being taken out.

The first couple of days (it was probably around a week after I filed before I checked), I had a status bar and a deposit date of 2/21. Looked again a few days later just to see if they went from accepted to approved yet and got the “mid-late February” message.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:20 AM
Yes. I realize my mistake now.

Quoting msjaxon: State refunds are different than federal refunds

Quoting Anonymous 7: Yes. I got just my state funds on the emerald card.

Quoting Anonymous 11: Do you claim EIC?

Quoting Anonymous 7: I just got mine on my card about ten seconds ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:21 AM
Whoops. My mistake. No big deal.

Quoting Anonymous 12: Some? Lol you mean like your state return..the federal government does not give you some of your refund in increments. That would be hr blocks bank doing that if you're not talking about your state. Which is an advance..

Quoting Anonymous 7: Yes hr block. No, we didn't get the advance. I have no explanation. Call the irs. I don't give a fuck. All I know is that some of my refund is on my card as of this morning.

Quoting Anonymous 12: Unless you went through a tax preparer and got their advance. Then yes Federal tax law was broken, or you are full of shit. Why is this so hard for some of you to comprehend?Being you said card I'm guessing you used HR block and got their advance

Quoting Anonymous 7: I got eic and money was on my card this morning. I don't think any laws were broken. 😁

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

She has spent most of the time they have known each other making him miserable.  They started dating at 15.  They were on and off for the next 6 years.  While at the hospital, hours after SD was born, she decided she no longer wanted him in the room around her and had the nurses get security to remove him.  Why?  Because she wanted him to go out, at 2am, in massive storm, to get her White Castle sliders.  That was their final attempt to be together.  She married someone else a year later.  

We got married when SD was 5 and it was right after we got married she took him to court.  She was angry he dared to have a life, only she was allowed to move on and have more kids.  Between the double support he paid and the amount of money we have shelled out for lawyers, SD could have had her 4 years of college paid for instead of having to take out student loans and be in debt.  

Quoting Anonymous 15: Why do women do that? My ex paid in cash or check. I could've just claimed the checks only.. But I didn't because I'm decent and there's no reason to lie like that. My DH is going through that now but he does have some receipts because the kids lived with him. Still put him in arrears 16k for the 2 kids he raised while she ran off to Cali. He had school records and she had public records showing she lived in Cali. Judge look like ma'am how does he owe you support when you weren't there.. Since she never gave him official custody she thought he should still pay her. Anywhoo long story short he's got a part time job so thankfully it'll all be paid off in about 16 months.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

One time, when I filed Injured Spouse, it took 18 months for EITHER of us to get the money.  The second time, it slowed it down by 6 months.  We both (BM and I) got both tax checks in July of the second year.  

Talk about live and learn.  My DH spent the first 5 YEARS of SD's life paying directly to BM.  She took him to court and said he had never paid any of his child support.  He paid her in cash so he had no proof.  The judge sided with her and BOOM, over $15000 in arrears.  Took us 7 years to pay it off.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:25 PM
He gave her 750 for a trip and assumed that would cover 2 Months pf support

Quoting Anonymous 10: How could you say money he hands her directly, you thought counted as cs paid? You know damn well lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
Filed claimed a normal refund. We both work

Quoting codfish: CS is taken out when the custodial parent files the paperwork.

EETC is a huge problem where fraud is concerned. Therefore the IRS has taken steps to combat the problem.

If you filed and only claimed a normal refund you will get it back quickly.

However if you are claiming money you didn't pay in to begin with (EETC), be grateful you get it at all. It is other taxpayers paying you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)