Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She had a meltdown, and I can't stop laughing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
DD, 28 is a little off center, think Sheldon Cooper. Everything is black and white, if you say something she always takes it literally.

She has been in therapy and behavior classes her entire life, she is as "normal" as she is going to get.

She lives at home and pays rent. We don't need her money, but it's the Principal. She paid rent last night and I said great, now I don't have to go to the ATM, dad and I are going away for the weekend.

She melded down, saying no, that money is for bills. After all this time, I still get a bit surprised at the situations she doesn't understand and the things that upset her.

I told her from now one, she can pay the cable and electric bill. I'm kind of setting her up, because once she realizes the amount isn't the same each month, she will be upset. Haha
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblu399
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:22 AM
4 moms liked this
It sounds like you like to start shit. If she takes things too literally why even say anything?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I can see why she's been in therapy so long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:25 AM
Because as I said, I still get surprised at what upsets her. Rent is an obligation living, she needs to know it dosent matter what the money is spent on. I continue to try and teach her.

Quoting lilblu399: It sounds like you like to start shit. If she takes things too literally why even say anything?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
JFC lady....you suck as a mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound like a real asshole lady
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:26 AM
Why? Because I handle things with humor? This kid had driven me to be in a corner, holding myself, crying. I have to keep trying to teach her life lessons.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can see why she's been in therapy so long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:27 AM
Agreed

Quoting Sassy762: JFC lady....you suck as a mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:27 AM
Oh please. If she was a "normal" child, you all would be saying, good for you, she needs to learn that lesson. And that's life. Or, why is she still living at home.

Quoting Sassy762: JFC lady....you suck as a mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:27 AM
Uh huh... Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why? Because I handle things with humor? This kid had driven me to be in a corner, holding myself, crying. I have to keep trying to teach her life lessons.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can see why she's been in therapy so long.
survivorinohio
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like you wont accept and treat your daughters disability appropriately .  I feel bad for her.  My dd has serious issues and it can be tough, i would never enjoy her struggle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)