Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bet he doesn't buy breakfast today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
My kids have money on their lunch accounts for anytime we don't get to the store or are too busy for them to make lunches. Or let's say we have a late morning. Whatever. I noticed ds keeps buying breakfast even though dh cooks breakfast. The other day my oldest asked why daddy makes such small breakfasts. Hmmm. I wasn't aware he did.
So this morning I cooked and let dh sleep in. Ds had 2 cinnamon rolls. A 2 egg cheese omelette, a hasbrown, a pile of blueberries and a full glass of water. Lol. Cinnamon rolls are rare for us so no stress there if they are more than 1.
If ds buys breakfast after this then I give up. I try to get them there early for tutorials or extra reading time not for daily breakfast.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawncs
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:25 AM

BUMP!

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM
Wow that’s a lot of food!
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM
What does dad cook? I know my youngest (5) will eat cereal at home and then go eat breakfast at school lol. It's free here for every student though, so I just know because she tells me lol
Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM

My kid wouldn't be allowed to do that.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:28 AM

Holy crap that's a lot of food. How old is he? I think the only time my 12 year old dd would eat that much is after 4 hours of karate... after that, the child eats like a horse because she has burned so many calories and is starving, but other than that..she would have eaten the omelet and blueberries and probably not even all of it. I can't imagine feeding boys. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:28 AM
Oh yeah, this is going to make them hate dad's breakfast.πŸ‘
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:30 AM
My son will do that but it doesn't bother me at all. My your son is hitting a growth spurt.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:31 AM
My sons have always had 2 breakfasts. One ast home and one at school. I figure, if they're that hungry then let them eat. It doesn't hurt anything and them not being hungry during school is important to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:31 AM
My DS buys breakfast as a social thing. He usually just buys a milk and some cereal or something, because he eats at home. But if he buys breakfast, he can sit in the cafeteria and chat for the 15 minutes between his bus arrival and class. Otherwise, he'd just loiter at his locker. Maybe he's just hanging with friends instead of actually being hungry?
mrsary
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:32 AM
My kids have always eaten breakfast at daycare or home, then at school. It doesn't bother me either. I figure they must still be hungry.

Quoting razorbackfan: My son will do that but it doesn't bother me at all. My your son is hitting a growth spurt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)