Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bet he doesn't buy breakfast today

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My kids have money on their lunch accounts for anytime we don't get to the store or are too busy for them to make lunches. Or let's say we have a late morning. Whatever. I noticed ds keeps buying breakfast even though dh cooks breakfast. The other day my oldest asked why daddy makes such small breakfasts. Hmmm. I wasn't aware he did.
So this morning I cooked and let dh sleep in. Ds had 2 cinnamon rolls. A 2 egg cheese omelette, a hasbrown, a pile of blueberries and a full glass of water. Lol. Cinnamon rolls are rare for us so no stress there if they are more than 1.
If ds buys breakfast after this then I give up. I try to get them there early for tutorials or extra reading time not for daily breakfast.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:21 AM
Replies (51-59):
happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Kids will eat when they are hungry. Growth spurt?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Not necessarily. They all eat like their daddy. A lot.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Kids will eat when they are hungry. Growth spurt?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:20 AM
Every child is different. Some need more food than others. I wouldn't be proud of limiting my child's food because of a fixed idea that every child is the same.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

Forget it. I just read how old they are. I'll never understand parents who are proud of their 5 and 7 year old children who eat that much.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

How old is this kid that is eating so much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM
Um no I really don't especially if a kid is active, has a high metabolism,&is eating healthy food. Like I said my kid may eat a lot but he's healthy with no fat on him.

Quoting Anonymous 10: Skinny doesn't equal healthy. You don't understand how that much food is bad?

Quoting Anonymous 5: If they aren't overweight what's the issue? My ds can eat all day. He's 5 and about 4 foot tall&48 pounds. There isn't any fat on him.
Quoting Anonymous 6:

Forget it. I just read how old they are. I'll never understand parents who are proud of their 5 and 7 year old children who eat that much.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

How old is this kid that is eating so much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:57 PM

Wow my oldest DD used to eat a lot of food. Like, a lot. We controlled her weight somewhat until she was a senior in HS and made her own money.She wasn't fat before that as we made sure she ate a somewhat healthy diet and did some activity and she was a size 12 at 5 feet 10 and that is pretty good. She used a lot of her extra work money to buy fast food during lunch and right after school and binge ate and I didn't really know until I saw her weight shoot up. It was over after that. She didn't have the fast metabolism. She quickly became obese. It was shocking but there is a point it's out of our hands. Hopefully your son has that super fast metabolism and it's not even a problem!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:59 PM
Why don’t you make breakfast then rather Jan Shane your husband. I assume you have 2 hands...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:01 PM

Your son is growing and when boys hot a growth spurt they eat like they have 3 stomachs.

kcangel63
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:01 PM
That’s a lot of food for a little kid. However, I assume he isn’t eating that every meal so at least it gets him through to lunch. Lol

That’s more than I eat in a whole day. Ha ha ha

I wish I had the metabolism that I did as a kid/teen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:32 PM
Why just assume I can everyday? I'm usually not here to make breakfast.

Quoting Anonymous 14: Why don’t you make breakfast then rather Jan Shane your husband. I assume you have 2 hands...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)