Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No I don't owe you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I divorced my ex over 5 years ago and we never had children together. While we were together I helped paid for his oldest daughter's wedding. When we divorced I have never spoke to or seen the Stepdaughters again. My ex is now deceased. Today the youngest former stepdaughter called me on my work phone to ask me when and how much I will be spending for HER wedding. I told her I'm not sending a dime. Not now and not ever. She started whining about how her sister got a beautiful wedding and she won't be able to and how unfair I'm being. I just started laughing and finally hung up. What the fuck was she expecting? She can pay for her own damn wedding
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:37 AM
She's get the dial tone from me.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

You're not obligated to pay for her wedding or even a portion of it.

However, why have you not continued a relationship with your step-daughter's? What did/have they done to you?

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:40 AM
That's crazy that a woman old enough to get married doesn't understand that you helped pay for the older step daughter's wedding because you were married to her father but now that you are divorced you will not be paying anything for her wedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:42 AM
That's weird. Like almost so weird and entitled that I can't believe anyone would act like that. Crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:47 AM
Their parents chose for me not to and the oldest followed along. Nothing I can do about it

Quoting PPCLC:

However, why have you not continued a relationship with your step-daughter's? What did/have they done to you?

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

But they're adults now. They can make different choices for themselves.

Why, if I can ask, were their parent's not wanting you to continue the relationship you had with them?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Their parents chose for me not to and the oldest followed along. Nothing I can do about it
Quoting PPCLC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:52 AM
They felt it was best and I abided by their wishes.

Quoting PPCLC:

But they're adults now. They can make different choices for themselves.

Why, if I can ask, were their parent's not wanting you to continue the relationship you had with them?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Their parents chose for me not to and the oldest followed along. Nothing I can do about it

Quoting PPCLC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I’ve never know anyone to continue a relationship with step children after the marriage dissolved. That’s so bizarre to me. Why would someone continue that?

Quoting PPCLC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:54 AM
Exactly. Me ex told me they thought it was best for his daughter and I didn't disagree

Quoting Anonymous 4: I’ve never know anyone to continue a relationship with step children after the marriage dissolved. That’s so bizarre to me. Why would someone continue that?

Quoting PPCLC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Ummmm because she's divorced from their father and was probably cut off from them? You're damn right she's not obligated to pay for anything. I would have laughed and hung up too.

Quoting PPCLC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)