Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She planned her wedding for the week before my due date and is mad that none of us are coming

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 175 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm do with mine and my husband's third child on May 19th. My sister-in-law just sent us an invitation to her wedding on May 19th in California. We live in Florida. This means that I will either be 39 weeks pregnant or having newborn. My first two children were born at 38 weeks and 6 days and 39 weeks and 2 days. So odds are I will go into labor on the weekend of her wedding. My husband called her and said that sorry we won't be able to make the wedding because I'm going to be too far along at the time. She got upset and said that it's completely unfair of him to miss her wedding and she's his only sister and try to lay a guilt trip on him. He told her that if she wanted him at her wedding so badly she should not have scheduled it for the week before his wife was due. She said that he should just come on his own. He told her that he would not be doing that because there's a good chance that I will go into labor while he is fairly good chance that I will go into labor that weekend or close to it. He said he's not going to risk missing the birth or buy a plane ticket only for me to deliver right before the wedding and then he either has to cancel the flight losing money or leave his wife home with two young kids and a newborn. She kept going on about how it shouldn't be a big deal I'm a mother why can't I do it by myself. He said it's not the fact that I can't if I shouldn't have to. There's no reason for him to go. It would be one thing if it was a mandatory thing for work but it's not.

Now she's going around the whole family bad-mouthing me saying that my husband was pussy whipped and that I'm selfish and should tell him that he can go. I've never told him he can't go. Would I be upset if he went? Probably a little bit. But he made the decision on his own before he even spoke with me about it. The funny thing is just about everybody she spoken to who has kids is taking my side. It's only the single people who don't get it. I even had my husband's cousin who is a single guy call and say he doesn't get the big deal. It's our third kid it's not like it's our first or something. I told him if that's how he feels he shouldn't have any more than one children. If you are not as excited for your third as you were with your first you shouldn't be having your third
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:59 AM
13 moms liked this
You wouldn't even be allowed to travel that far at that gestation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM
I get you’re pregnant and cranky and completely in the right, except for your attitude about it. Chill. There’s no reason to downplay your SILs wedding, it IS an important event.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Exactly. But I don't think she's mad that I'm not going. I think she is mad that my husband isn't willing to come without me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You wouldn't even be allowed to travel that far at that gestation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM
9 moms liked this

Gosh this exact situation sure happens to an awful lot of people on this site...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM
She scheduled it after she knew you were pregnant?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:01 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm not saying it's not an important event to her. It is. But it's not more important to my husband than the birth of our child and being there to help with both our new child and our older two

Quoting Anonymous 3: I get you’re pregnant and cranky and completely in the right, except for your attitude about it. Chill. There’s no reason to downplay your SILs wedding, it IS an important event.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:01 AM
You all sound like assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah. She just picked the date a few weeks ago. When we got the invitation was the first time we even knew about the date. She was well aware of when my due date was. And that's fine she doesn't have to schedule her life around me but she can't really complain that her brother's not coming when she scheduled the wedding a week before his wife's due date

Quoting Anonymous 5: She scheduled it after she knew you were pregnant?
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM
13 moms liked this
Nope the only asshole in this is Sil

Quoting Anonymous 6: You all sound like assholes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)