Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She planned her wedding for the week before my due date and is mad that none of us are coming

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm do with mine and my husband's third child on May 19th. My sister-in-law just sent us an invitation to her wedding on May 19th in California. We live in Florida. This means that I will either be 39 weeks pregnant or having newborn. My first two children were born at 38 weeks and 6 days and 39 weeks and 2 days. So odds are I will go into labor on the weekend of her wedding. My husband called her and said that sorry we won't be able to make the wedding because I'm going to be too far along at the time. She got upset and said that it's completely unfair of him to miss her wedding and she's his only sister and try to lay a guilt trip on him. He told her that if she wanted him at her wedding so badly she should not have scheduled it for the week before his wife was due. She said that he should just come on his own. He told her that he would not be doing that because there's a good chance that I will go into labor while he is fairly good chance that I will go into labor that weekend or close to it. He said he's not going to risk missing the birth or buy a plane ticket only for me to deliver right before the wedding and then he either has to cancel the flight losing money or leave his wife home with two young kids and a newborn. She kept going on about how it shouldn't be a big deal I'm a mother why can't I do it by myself. He said it's not the fact that I can't if I shouldn't have to. There's no reason for him to go. It would be one thing if it was a mandatory thing for work but it's not.

Now she's going around the whole family bad-mouthing me saying that my husband was pussy whipped and that I'm selfish and should tell him that he can go. I've never told him he can't go. Would I be upset if he went? Probably a little bit. But he made the decision on his own before he even spoke with me about it. The funny thing is just about everybody she spoken to who has kids is taking my side. It's only the single people who don't get it. I even had my husband's cousin who is a single guy call and say he doesn't get the big deal. It's our third kid it's not like it's our first or something. I told him if that's how he feels he shouldn't have any more than one children. If you are not as excited for your third as you were with your first you shouldn't be having your third
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Replies (171-175):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Feb. 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM
Is there a handbook that says if you’re older than a 36 to blame everything on millennials?

Quoting Southernmom924:

It's this Millennial generation. Me, me, me, me, me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Feb. 11, 2018 at 12:14 PM
Honestly I would confront my sil and ask why she scheduled this on my due date. It's not like she didn't know and it seems like a passive/aggressive way to take a dig at you. She has a problem.
nussknacker
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2018 at 12:14 PM

Dodging a bullet here with a great " excuse". Hate weddings. And that far away? Hell no. Anyone with brains will see who the bitch is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Feb. 11, 2018 at 3:25 PM
Just sign the RSVP on how many are to go and send it

Worry about it when the time comes.

If you have the baby before her wedding, she can’t say anything.
If you don’t, tell her you can’t fly because of your due date and you aren’t allowed to fly.
Period

Why are any of you putting so much time and energy into this?
It’s Feb, you still have 3 months to go.
It’s not that serious
Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Feb. 11, 2018 at 4:02 PM
So how many times are you going to get pregnant to keep your hubby home?? This is your 3rd child, I doubt her engagement, wedding was random.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not saying it's not an important event to her. It is. But it's not more important to my husband than the birth of our child and being there to help with both our new child and our older two

Quoting Anonymous 3: I get you’re pregnant and cranky and completely in the right, except for your attitude about it. Chill. There’s no reason to downplay your SILs wedding, it IS an important event.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)