Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She planned her wedding for the week before my due date and is mad that none of us are coming

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm do with mine and my husband's third child on May 19th. My sister-in-law just sent us an invitation to her wedding on May 19th in California. We live in Florida. This means that I will either be 39 weeks pregnant or having newborn. My first two children were born at 38 weeks and 6 days and 39 weeks and 2 days. So odds are I will go into labor on the weekend of her wedding. My husband called her and said that sorry we won't be able to make the wedding because I'm going to be too far along at the time. She got upset and said that it's completely unfair of him to miss her wedding and she's his only sister and try to lay a guilt trip on him. He told her that if she wanted him at her wedding so badly she should not have scheduled it for the week before his wife was due. She said that he should just come on his own. He told her that he would not be doing that because there's a good chance that I will go into labor while he is fairly good chance that I will go into labor that weekend or close to it. He said he's not going to risk missing the birth or buy a plane ticket only for me to deliver right before the wedding and then he either has to cancel the flight losing money or leave his wife home with two young kids and a newborn. She kept going on about how it shouldn't be a big deal I'm a mother why can't I do it by myself. He said it's not the fact that I can't if I shouldn't have to. There's no reason for him to go. It would be one thing if it was a mandatory thing for work but it's not.

Now she's going around the whole family bad-mouthing me saying that my husband was pussy whipped and that I'm selfish and should tell him that he can go. I've never told him he can't go. Would I be upset if he went? Probably a little bit. But he made the decision on his own before he even spoke with me about it. The funny thing is just about everybody she spoken to who has kids is taking my side. It's only the single people who don't get it. I even had my husband's cousin who is a single guy call and say he doesn't get the big deal. It's our third kid it's not like it's our first or something. I told him if that's how he feels he shouldn't have any more than one children. If you are not as excited for your third as you were with your first you shouldn't be having your third
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:55 PM
This happened to my sister and bil only they lived in Florida and the wedding was in Texas . It was her husband's brother .
It was their first child also . They were excited and announced they were pregnant immediately in the fall . Brother got engaged around Christmas .
My bil did not go . Future sil whined and whined but no one at least in bil family agreed with her except her future hubby .
My sister and husband live back here in Texas again . Her bil and sil live about 3 hours away . Still entitled . They aren't able to babysit because they live away so no big deal but when they want to go on a couples vacation she calls my sister and cries poor me because her parents live across the country , My sister asked if she wanted to plan a switch off . One month my sis baby sits another month sil babysits . Planned out in advance so they both get a couples week . Sil wanted to put off the planning part for her to babysit but go ahead and have my sister babysit . My sis just couldn't find an open week lol .
Some people never change .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:59 PM

Umm, NO. 

She's crazy if she thinks he's going to skip his babies birth for her wedding. She should have planned it out better, maybe postponed the date (before invites went out etc) until after the baby was born. 

hart57
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:50 PM
I would tell him if I have the baby early, go. Even if it’s for the day. Many women can handle a newborn and two other kids for a day or two.

But I don’t blame him for not wanting to miss the birth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Or a lot of trolls on cm 😁

Quoting AnotherKim:

Guessthere are a lot of childish, immature brides in the world, lol

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Gosh this exact situation sure happens to an awful lot of people on this site...

MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:00 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Gosh this exact situation sure happens to an awful lot of people on this site...

Pisces_Mom89
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:01 PM

What a bitch. I hate entitled brides.

squeekers
by squeekers on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:13 PM

bridezilla wants to be the center of attention, and your labor is stealing her thunder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:59 PM

What the hell.... is this "The family's gone batshit crazy over the wedding!" Day at Cafemom today???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:21 PM

I guarantee if it were it was her expecting and her brother having the wedding she'd blame the bride.  You just have to let it go and let her get over it.  She will eventually. Don't sweat it.  She is being a bridezilla.

2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:23 PM
You said you are due on the 19th and her wedding is the 19th so how is that the week before?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)