Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She planned her wedding for the week before my due date and is mad that none of us are coming

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm do with mine and my husband's third child on May 19th. My sister-in-law just sent us an invitation to her wedding on May 19th in California. We live in Florida. This means that I will either be 39 weeks pregnant or having newborn. My first two children were born at 38 weeks and 6 days and 39 weeks and 2 days. So odds are I will go into labor on the weekend of her wedding. My husband called her and said that sorry we won't be able to make the wedding because I'm going to be too far along at the time. She got upset and said that it's completely unfair of him to miss her wedding and she's his only sister and try to lay a guilt trip on him. He told her that if she wanted him at her wedding so badly she should not have scheduled it for the week before his wife was due. She said that he should just come on his own. He told her that he would not be doing that because there's a good chance that I will go into labor while he is fairly good chance that I will go into labor that weekend or close to it. He said he's not going to risk missing the birth or buy a plane ticket only for me to deliver right before the wedding and then he either has to cancel the flight losing money or leave his wife home with two young kids and a newborn. She kept going on about how it shouldn't be a big deal I'm a mother why can't I do it by myself. He said it's not the fact that I can't if I shouldn't have to. There's no reason for him to go. It would be one thing if it was a mandatory thing for work but it's not.

Now she's going around the whole family bad-mouthing me saying that my husband was pussy whipped and that I'm selfish and should tell him that he can go. I've never told him he can't go. Would I be upset if he went? Probably a little bit. But he made the decision on his own before he even spoke with me about it. The funny thing is just about everybody she spoken to who has kids is taking my side. It's only the single people who don't get it. I even had my husband's cousin who is a single guy call and say he doesn't get the big deal. It's our third kid it's not like it's our first or something. I told him if that's how he feels he shouldn't have any more than one children. If you are not as excited for your third as you were with your first you shouldn't be having your third
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM

She sounds spoiled and self-centered... Ish!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM
Lol you know she actually suggested having the doctor induce me two weeks before my due date so that my husband could leave five days after the baby is born and come to the wedding leaving me at home with all three kids. She seriously thought that was a solution

Quoting Curlymom234: Can’t you just cross your legs and keep the baby in? Kidding. People without kids just don’t get it. Sorry y’all are going to miss it. I’m sure you’re upset about that too.
sadness21
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM

I'm not trying to be a bitch but I don't think she did it to spite you, most of the time you book venues a year in advance. 

Either way, she is handling it poorly.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. The way she says it you would think the wedding would be completely ruined without my husband there

Quoting happinessforyou:

Well for once, I'm completely on a posters side!!! Never thought that would happen. Congrats on new baby!!!! And I'm sure SIL's wedding will be wonderful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't know about that. If she wanted you to be there to share in her special day, she would've taken your due-date into consideration.  She wants her brother there - not you.  I've never seen such f'd up families as i do here on CM.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't really think that it's that she doesn't like me. I just think she's self-centered. I really believe that she thinks that because it's her wedding the entire world should revolve around her.
Quoting Anonymous 7:

She obviously doesn't like you.

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM

SIL is a jerk.  No one else. 

krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM

If his family have any brains they will tell her she is loony.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:11 AM
That's what my husband told her. She just doesn't see it that way. With my first she was one of the ones throwing a temper tantrum that her and my mother-in-law were not allowed in the delivery room despite the fact that my mom and my sister were. Saying over and over that my husband is just as important and should be just as represented in the delivery room as I was. Now turn around six years later she's complaining that he's not coming to the wedding cuz he doesn't actually need to be there for the birth.

Quoting Anonymous 8:

She is an idiot.  Your dh can't travel during that time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just ignore the family members and sil. This is one battle I wouldn't get into because honestly it sounds like sil doesn't like you. What makes May 19th special to her? Why that date and not any other? I'm not being mean I am trying to get understanding why she needed it then?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:11 AM

And how exactly does your SIL think you're going to manage if you have to have a c-section? Who's going to look after the other two if your dh is at her wedding? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)