Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She planned her wedding for the week before my due date and is mad that none of us are coming

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm do with mine and my husband's third child on May 19th. My sister-in-law just sent us an invitation to her wedding on May 19th in California. We live in Florida. This means that I will either be 39 weeks pregnant or having newborn. My first two children were born at 38 weeks and 6 days and 39 weeks and 2 days. So odds are I will go into labor on the weekend of her wedding. My husband called her and said that sorry we won't be able to make the wedding because I'm going to be too far along at the time. She got upset and said that it's completely unfair of him to miss her wedding and she's his only sister and try to lay a guilt trip on him. He told her that if she wanted him at her wedding so badly she should not have scheduled it for the week before his wife was due. She said that he should just come on his own. He told her that he would not be doing that because there's a good chance that I will go into labor while he is fairly good chance that I will go into labor that weekend or close to it. He said he's not going to risk missing the birth or buy a plane ticket only for me to deliver right before the wedding and then he either has to cancel the flight losing money or leave his wife home with two young kids and a newborn. She kept going on about how it shouldn't be a big deal I'm a mother why can't I do it by myself. He said it's not the fact that I can't if I shouldn't have to. There's no reason for him to go. It would be one thing if it was a mandatory thing for work but it's not.

Now she's going around the whole family bad-mouthing me saying that my husband was pussy whipped and that I'm selfish and should tell him that he can go. I've never told him he can't go. Would I be upset if he went? Probably a little bit. But he made the decision on his own before he even spoke with me about it. The funny thing is just about everybody she spoken to who has kids is taking my side. It's only the single people who don't get it. I even had my husband's cousin who is a single guy call and say he doesn't get the big deal. It's our third kid it's not like it's our first or something. I told him if that's how he feels he shouldn't have any more than one children. If you are not as excited for your third as you were with your first you shouldn't be having your third
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:17 AM

i think sis did that on purpose.

sadness21
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:21 AM

She booked a venue after she knew your due date? That is odd. Most of the time people book a year in advance. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I actually agree with you. I don't think she was sitting down thinking what date would cause the most drama. I think that this date worked for her and the groom and then you and that's the date she picked. However knowing that it is so close to her sister-in-law's due date she doesn't get to be mad that her brother isn't coming. If it was that important to her for her brother to come she would have made sure it wasn't so close to my due date. I mean really she could have picked a month before my due date or a month after and he could have gone. I wouldn't have been able to go but he could have
Quoting sadness21:

I'm not trying to be a bitch but I don't think she did it to spite you, most of the time you book venues a year in advance. Either way, she is handling it poorly.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:23 AM

I hate to break it to you, but most people do not remember things like a person's due date if they are not talking to them about it...a lot.

I don't feel you wrong not to want to go, given the fact that you will be so far along. I do have an issue with you acting like this SIL is totally in the wrong to be sad her brother isn't coming out and making her out to be horrid.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh yeah. She just picked the date a few weeks ago. When we got the invitation was the first time we even knew about the date. She was well aware of when my due date was. And that's fine she doesn't have to schedule her life around me but she can't really complain that her brother's not coming when she scheduled the wedding a week before his wife's due date
Quoting Anonymous 5: She scheduled it after she knew you were pregnant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:25 AM
Anon 1 doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous 6: You all sound like assholes.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:26 AM
Her Sil is a horrible person for going around talking about OP after her brother told her no. She can get the feels all she wants but to treat Op badly is just horrid

Quoting Anonymous 15:

I hate to break it to you, but most people do not remember things like a person's due date if they are not talking to them about it...a lot.

I don't feel you wrong not to want to go, given the fact that you will be so far along. I do have an issue with you acting like this SIL is totally in the wrong to be sad her brother isn't coming out and making her out to be horrid.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh yeah. She just picked the date a few weeks ago. When we got the invitation was the first time we even knew about the date. She was well aware of when my due date was. And that's fine she doesn't have to schedule her life around me but she can't really complain that her brother's not coming when she scheduled the wedding a week before his wife's due date

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:26 AM

its fine to be sad her brother isnt coming but if that HAD to be her wedding date,she should understand her brother had other priorities..can he skype in the wedding from your house?

Quoting Anonymous 15:

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:27 AM

I really can't beleive people, esp family, act like this and through these tantrums.   It is more than being a bridezilla.  She is being ridiculous.  

Just ignore the drama and focus on your pregnancy.  It looks like DH is doing a great job being a good, strong man and husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM
Why do so many people here expect people who are being yelled at, bad mouthed and otherwise disrespected to just take it and be nice? Are you guys the customers in that Worst Customer post going on right now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM
My soloist was 9 months pregnant at my wedding but it was local. She had the baby 4 days later.
jules2boys
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Your timing doesn't work.  Your due date is May 19th.  Your SILs wedding is May 19th.  That's not a week apart, that's the same day.  

She's just now letting family know that the wedding is in 3 months?  Short notice, no?  Friends/acquaintances I can see not knowing for 2 - 3 months but family?  And in CA in May?  Surely it takes more time here to plan a wedding and find a venue than that (or it usually does).  

Oh, well.  Those that know (parents), know she's being ridiculous.  Those that don't (single people who are apparently some of the most clueless people around), don't matter anyway, or would no longer matter to me after this.  At least your DH isn't one of the more clueless people from that gene pool.  ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)