Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People making six figures gets shafted...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Enjoy your refunds while my husband and I have to pay our taxes since we make too much. We filed jointly and have 2 children claiming them only reduce how much we owe. He works as a anathesologist (spelling?) he makes six figures and I work as a store manager at Publix I'm not quite at six figures but we filed jointly.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM
Replies (241-245):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 12:45 PM
Ok. That still doesn't mean she didn't work hard.

Quoting alexmom529:

I can guarantee it is not as hard as her husband worked. 

Quoting Anonymous 52: How do you know that? Do you believe she was hired on as a store manager without experience or time moving up in the company?

Quoting alexmom529:

Her husband worked hard. She did not.

Quoting Anonymous 52: I'm sure a lot of people do not sympathize. I get a refund every year so I don't understand how that feels. But I can understand feeling like you and your husband are getting the shaft for taking the time to get yourselves into great careers. People think about your income and are quick to judge. I see two people who have worked hard to get to where they are and feel like they're being penalized for it.

Anesthesiologists go to school for a very long time and rack up a lot of debt to do so. People don't think about how much money they've already spent to get to where they are. So they'll judge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 109 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 12:50 PM
My husband makes 6 figures and we have more taken out in taxes through out the year so we don’t have to pay. This year we are getting a small refund thanks to our daughters college costs.
Shai4710
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:57 PM
Wow I’m not feeling the love on here. Rethink posting about income tax woes. Especially, when you make that kind of money.
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
The wealthy pay the vast majority of income taxes in this country.

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Well, I wouldn�t begrudge the poor just because you have to pay taxes. I�d say you should get angry at corporate welfare that you�re carrying the brunt of the tax burden whereas the top 1% - isn�t. The poor and those getting refunds work as well. So I don�t understand why you�re upset at those in a lower bracket than you guys. Be pissed at those put all the burden on you guys and get all the tax breaks. The wealthy.
Lindalou907
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 5:06 PM

For years and years we were in the same boat, it gets old. You'd be smart to claim 0 so they withhold more, and then you probably won't have to write a check to the IRS. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)