Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People making six figures gets shafted...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Enjoy your refunds while my husband and I have to pay our taxes since we make too much. We filed jointly and have 2 children claiming them only reduce how much we owe. He works as a anathesologist (spelling?) he makes six figures and I work as a store manager at Publix I'm not quite at six figures but we filed jointly.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM

Your husband is an anesthesiologist, and you can't spell it? We also make 6 figures, and still get a refund,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM

We don't even make 6 figures a year and had to pay in last year and we have tons of taxes taken out every paycheck.  The downfall of living in a high taxed state.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:11 AM
Your bracket really is screwed. Sorry mama
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:12 AM

Dh makes 6 figures and we always get a refund..normally $1000-1200 no matter what he does with his deductions. We've tried to break even and it never happens. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

rockymtngirl
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:13 AM
We make six figures here. We won't do our taxes until April as we will owe, but we try to break even. We have never paid over $500.00 federal. I would much have free flowing money all year around than a one time annual windfall.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh, come on! You can't even spell your dh's occupation and you expect us to believe this post?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:14 AM
I can't even pronounced half of the medical terms or even spell them, my husband puts the patient them to sleep when they going into surgery. I worked at Publix since I was 16 and moved my way up to store manager and been there for 16 years now and not leaving Publix anytime soon. I didn't go to college.

Quoting Anonymous 4: You don't know how to spell your husband's occupation?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
We're making 6 figures and self employed so no taxes come out of my paycheck at all. We're still getting a refund because we aren't idiots. If you want a refund, adjust your withholding. We try to get a small refund back every year. We usually do.

I also have no problem paying my fair share of taxes. It's how society functions. We make six figures. We're doing just fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this

LOL you expected the ladies here to feel sorry for you?? Ohhh honey you must be new

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
How did you meet your husband? Doctors tend to date those with a career and a higher education...

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't even pronounced half of the medical terms or even spell them, my husband puts the patient them to sleep when they going into surgery. I worked at Publix since I was 16 and moved my way up to store manager and been there for 16 years now and not leaving Publix anytime soon. I didn't go to college.

Quoting Anonymous 4: You don't know how to spell your husband's occupation?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)