Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People making six figures gets shafted...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Enjoy your refunds while my husband and I have to pay our taxes since we make too much. We filed jointly and have 2 children claiming them only reduce how much we owe. He works as a anathesologist (spelling?) he makes six figures and I work as a store manager at Publix I'm not quite at six figures but we filed jointly.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:31 PM
How do you know that? Do you believe she was hired on as a store manager without experience or time moving up in the company?

Quoting alexmom529:

Her husband worked hard. She did not.

Quoting Anonymous 52: I'm sure a lot of people do not sympathize. I get a refund every year so I don't understand how that feels. But I can understand feeling like you and your husband are getting the shaft for taking the time to get yourselves into great careers. People think about your income and are quick to judge. I see two people who have worked hard to get to where they are and feel like they're being penalized for it.

Anesthesiologists go to school for a very long time and rack up a lot of debt to do so. People don't think about how much money they've already spent to get to where they are. So they'll judge.

momngram
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:33 PM

I do enjoy my refund, thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:37 PM
Lol... That made me laugh out loud for real.

Quoting Anonymous 4: You don't know how to spell your husband's occupation?

alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:41 PM

I can guarantee it is not as hard as her husband worked. 

Quoting Anonymous 52: How do you know that? Do you believe she was hired on as a store manager without experience or time moving up in the company?
Quoting alexmom529:

Her husband worked hard. She did not.

Quoting Anonymous 52: I'm sure a lot of people do not sympathize. I get a refund every year so I don't understand how that feels. But I can understand feeling like you and your husband are getting the shaft for taking the time to get yourselves into great careers. People think about your income and are quick to judge. I see two people who have worked hard to get to where they are and feel like they're being penalized for it. Anesthesiologists go to school for a very long time and rack up a lot of debt to do so. People don't think about how much money they've already spent to get to where they are. So they'll judge.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:43 PM
Lmao my first thought

Quoting Anonymous 4: You don't know how to spell your husband's occupation?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:43 PM

my husband and I will enjoy it thanks..=) 

momngram
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM

Every year I send my brother and his wife a thank you card.  They are DINKS (double income no kids) and as you can imagine they pay all year plus owe several thousand at tax time. I generally get back what they pay in at tax time, so I personally thank them for their contribution.  It's more of a family joke.

Quoting momngram:

I do enjoy my refund, thank you.

Tattooedboymom1
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM
We pay. We were Poor before and if rather have money year round and pay a some at the end than barely scrap by and get a tax return.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:46 PM

We make six figures and always got a refund because of deductions .  That is going away under the Trump plan though.   That plan screwed those of us especially in high COL areas.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM

Mobile Photo

No...the more you make the higher bracket you get pushed to once you make it to the top of the one you are in. These are the tax brackets for 2017, looks like you fall for married filing jointly into the 25% range, not 35%, provided you are in the US.

Quoting Jaide2883: So you pay the same percentage of your income, it just equals out to more because you make more. My husband makes 60k a year and pays 35% of his income. I make 45k a year and pay 35% in. I know my husbands bonuses are taxed higher, but I���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½me not sure how high. I was just curious. Thank you

Quoting Anonymous 14: His weekly checks are taxed about 35% and his bonuses can be taxed up to 40%

Quoting Jaide2883: Just curious, you say ���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½the more you get taxed���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½ what percent of your income goes to taxes?

Quoting Anonymous 14: We had to pay this year too. My husband makes close to $200K and I don���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½t know what happened this year, but we only got a child credit/deduction of $2,850 for 4 kids ���°�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½���³. We manage our money well so we���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½ll be able to pay, but it sucks that the more you make, the more you get taxed. We live in a very nice area in Ca so we aren���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½t rich by any means.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)