Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People making six figures gets shafted...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Enjoy your refunds while my husband and I have to pay our taxes since we make too much. We filed jointly and have 2 children claiming them only reduce how much we owe. He works as a anathesologist (spelling?) he makes six figures and I work as a store manager at Publix I'm not quite at six figures but we filed jointly.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM
Cry me a river....

And if you can't spell anesthesiologist, you shouldn't be making almost 6 figures. SMH...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 69 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:54 PM
My husband works harder than yours I am sure. Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't mean shit. Calm down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 70 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:54 PM
Bonus of being a business owner, we get to write a lot off plus make six figures.

Luckily it won't hurt us if we don't get a refund but it's nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 71 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:02 PM
This, I don't get these posts. You're mad that your family makes 6 figures, OP? Just so you know, most people don't receive extravagant refunds. The goal is to break even.

Quoting motherslove82: So, quit your jobs, take jobs at McDonald's and enjoy having a little bit of money once a year. The solution is simple, yet no one ever ditches their 6 figure career to enjoy a life of poverty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 72 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:05 PM
I live in Santa Clara county California I think almost every household has to make at least $100k annually to afford this overpriced area so I really just see that as normal here. We didn’t owe but we don’t get a big refund either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 73 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:13 PM

awwww................... such a shame that you earn so much money.............

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM

The only ones benefiting are making around 300k or more. I am going to assume you make that much?

Quoting MonarchMom22:

When did people decide tax time was supposed to an income booster?  It is TAXES - you pay based on what you earn.  There are ways to reduce the taxable amount, such as retirement and HSA funding, but sooner or later you pay on the earnings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:24 PM

That is not true.   We have made six figures for years and always got a refund.  We have deductions, especially medical.   This new tax plan is screwing us though because we can only claim up to 10k in state/local now , plus no more college deductions.

Quoting Anonymous 23: We make 6 figures and are getting $7000 back. We have adjusted our withholdings (used to get back over $10k). Will adjust them again to get the number closer to $0. You do realize you shouldn't want a refund, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:27 PM

It is true. If you are more middle class six figures you get screwed.   We are losing our college deductions plus most of our state/local  taxes as well next year.  Anyone who lives in a high COL area and are six figures middle class are getting the shaft.

Quoting PoplarGrove:

It's true.  People making in the low end of 6 figures get screwed. But people making in the high end or 7 figures do pretty damn good provided they use all the tax havens that have been provided for them.

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM
Hallelujah to that. Every year I am shocked as to what the government will let me write off. Lol I don't get a refund, but I also don't write big checks to Uncle Sam. It's a wash. I'm fine with that. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 70: Bonus of being a business owner, we get to write a lot off plus make six figures.

Luckily it won't hurt us if we don't get a refund but it's nice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)