Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People making six figures gets shafted...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Enjoy your refunds while my husband and I have to pay our taxes since we make too much. We filed jointly and have 2 children claiming them only reduce how much we owe. He works as a anathesologist (spelling?) he makes six figures and I work as a store manager at Publix I'm not quite at six figures but we filed jointly.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this
So, quit your jobs, take jobs at McDonald's and enjoy having a little bit of money once a year. The solution is simple, yet no one ever ditches their 6 figure career to enjoy a life of poverty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

this isn’t something I’d complain about either. Im housed, clothed, vacationed.
This post is in Poor taste.

Quoting Anonymous 12: Oh geez. I'll gladly take my extra $150,000 a year than get a few grand back right now. I rather enjoy not worrying about food and bills ALL year long as opposed to just February.
nihilisticmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:29 AM

Welcome to poverty. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Why not figure out how much you'll owe and have the IRS take extra from your paychecks instead of owing all at once?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM
You have more money throughout the year than most and could save the money that you will owe in taxes in no time.
Boo fucking hoo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM
I can't decide which part of this story is the most ridiculous.
But anyways, I think everyone should pay taxes. It should be the fucking norm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:31 AM
Next year you may benefit from the Trump tax cut. Woohoo! I know we will. (6 figures here too)
MonarchMom22
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:32 AM

When did people decide tax time was supposed to an income booster?  It is TAXES - you pay based on what you earn.  There are ways to reduce the taxable amount, such as retirement and HSA funding, but sooner or later you pay on the earnings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM

Alright.  You know, there are still ways throughout the year to make it so you don't owe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM
We make 6 figures and are getting $7000 back. We have adjusted our withholdings (used to get back over $10k). Will adjust them again to get the number closer to $0.

You do realize you shouldn't want a refund, right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)