Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why are you such a bad mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
why doesnt everyone that have the financial means, send their child to school with a nutritious, homemade lunch?

is it just laziness?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:24 AM
Replies (71-75):
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:32 PM

LOL. You guys are hilarious.

fingers crossed

Quoting Shaken1976: Would you like to come visit my all organic garden? Or maybe some organic eggs? I also need to go process a cow so I can do filets for dinner Sunday.
Quoting PJMM: That was you while I was harvesting clams for Monday's lunch? Cool
Quoting Shaken1976: Duh. I waved at you this week. This morning I had to go catch the fish because my dd wanted some fish eggs.
Quoting PJMM: Are you making the seaweed rolls by hand? I am with only the best seaweed picked from our pristine Florida beaches. And I go out before dawn to catch the fish too!
Quoting Shaken1976: I wrap up homemade sushi rolls, cut specially shaped fruit into intricate designs, julienne veggies with a home made dipping sauce, make creme brûlée, and of course. Sparkling fruit infused water to wash it all down. That’s just Monday.

by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:35 PM
Because my kids go to a school with an amazing nutrition dept, their lunches are awesome and I like knowing they are learning to make healthy food choices. There is no way to keep hot food hot or cold food cold if they take a lunch. So they opt to eat there.
Why are you so bored that you feel the need to try to judge and shame other moms?
by Anonymous 24 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:37 PM
You know I wonder also . My sister is a teacher . She was a sahm when her kids were young . The year her youngest started K our church asked her if she would be the director of the MDO and Pre school . It was half the pay but she didn't need the money ... use it or save it sure but not needed . We attend a large church in a very comfortable area where we live also .
She was amazed at the number of kids that showed up without breakfast . They had lunch but had not had any breakfast . At the very least they could have done a drive thru , not healthiest but a full tummy . She said it was weird some would show up with Starbucks cups so umm buy a muffin for your kid ???? She would call and nicely discuss it and was told oh no one eats breakfast at their house . They had snacks at 10 but the kids were hungry and distracted immediately . Finally she sent out a MDO - preschool notice saying the school would have various Kolaches , milk and juice for sale . If the parent bought them and fed kid it was one price . If the program had to get them and feed the child in a seperate room so all the kids didn't want them an upcharge would be added to the next months tuiion . Some parents took the hint .... who wants to pay $6 for one kolache others looked at it as breakfast for their kid . This was about a quarter to a third of the parents Most parents fed their children before they got to school .
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:37 PM
I thought making sure your kids are eating, whether or not you pay for school lunch or sending them with lunch, made a good mom. *shrug*
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:38 PM
Haha this is so true for my boys. Today is a snow day and they said "Nooooooo! Now we have to wait another month for cheeseburger day!"

Quoting shadow_lark: Because the school makes amazing cheeseburgers and the kids get sad when they miss out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)