Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sorry you are jealous but I'm not going to put up with your nonsense!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
With sil has a 4 month old baby. Her and her dh spent 9 years which included several miscarriages and a lot of expense of infertility treatments in order to have their son. They originally planned for her to be a stay-at-home mom until their child went to kindergarten. However because of how much that they had to go into for their fertility treatments and all the medical expensive she had from the pregnancy which was extremely high risk, she had to go back to work at 8 weeks post partum. I definitely understand why this is hard for her but she has been a real b**** to me lately. I think part of it is the fact that I get to be a stay-at-home mom with my five children, one of whom is a month younger than hers ( don't get me started on how pissed she was when she found out that I was also pregnant). The other part is that she asked if I would babysit her baby for free 3 days a week. She said if I could do that she would be able to avoid her $200 a week daycare cost and they could afford for her to work just 3 days a week instead of 5. I told her I couldn't do it. Like I said at that point I was about to have my fifth child and adding a 6 3 days a week two of them would be infants was just too much. And to do it for free, I just wasn't interested. So in her mind it's my fault that she has to work 5 days a week instead of 3.

She has started making nasty comments to me lately, both in person and on fb. She will post under comments and pictures of me doing fun stuff with my kids during the day with things like "must be nice to have nothing to do all day". The other day we were at my mother-in-law's house I was talking to my mother-in-law about stuff I was doing with the kids. All the sudden she blows up and says that I need to stop bragging and that I should be ashamed to myself. That I wouldn't even help her knowing that it would mean more time with her child after she spent nearly a decade trying to become a mother. She said now 5 days a week she comes home from work and only has like an hour with her baby before it's time for bed. So she doesn't want to hear about how I get to do stuff with my kids. She was yelling and calling all sorts of names. Finally I told my mother-in-law thank you for having us but we need to leave. I told my sister-in-law that I'm sorry she's clearly jealous of the life that I have but she needs to work that out on her own but I'm not going to be around her until she can get her jealousy under control.

We left. My husband hadn't even gotten there yet as he was coming straight from work. My mother-in-law called me saying that it's not fair for me to take the grandkids away that they were looking forward to spending time with them. I said I'm sorry but I'm not dealing with her nonsense. She called my husband complaining the same way he said the same thing. He said that until sister-in-law can get her jealousy under control don't expect us to be anywhere that she is. And when we host things she will not be invited
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:05 AM
5 moms liked this

What is awful about OP setting a clear and healthy boundary on her time with her sister in law? She has FIVE children and one is just a few months old!! That's certainly enough to keep anyone busy, I know I would have a tough time juggling all of that!

Quoting Anonymous 3: You both sound awful but I feel badly for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Your sister in law is presumptuous expecting you to babysit while your hands are full. Tell her you will watch her child two days a week if she will watch all your kids and hers also two days a week. That should shut her down quick.
StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:11 AM

I think having 7 kids between you guys (if you DID decide to babysit) and two of them were infants, it would be TOO much for me too! I'd be concerned I couldn't take the kids places with that many.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
You both sound jealous of each other..
I definitely feel bad for her.. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t watch your own nephew? I wouldn’t even hesitate! My family is super close and supportive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Consider how lucky you are,it was easy for you to become pregnant and have your beautiful children,of course she shouldn't take anything out on you. You shouldn't have to watch your baby nephew along with your baby. Just try and show her compassion too,it can't be easy for her. Remember your mil is also hers
Your children and her son are all mils grandchildren. Try and find a way to let her complaining go in one ear and out the other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like she's struggling. 

You definitely did the right thing in saying you can' babysit, but knowing her situation, you shouldn't be so boastful about what, when it comes down to it, is your luck in being able to have a large family and stay home with them.

As the last person said, show a little compassion.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:20 AM
6 moms liked this

They had NINE years to figure out child care. SAHMs do not sit around and do nothing all day, especially when you have five children.  I'm sorry she's so bitter and angry that her life didn't work out the way she wanted it to, but it's not your fault.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Block her on fb and visit mil when she’s not around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't blame you one bit I have 4 sils yup 4!! My dh has 2 sisters and I have 2 brothers my brothers wife is just like this it's expected since I'm a sahm I am available to babysit whenever our kids go to the same school so breaks and stuff the kids would always come here for free of course. Finally over Christmas break I put my foot down to dhs sisters and my brothers wife I said no more!!! So now I get to hear from my brothers wife how she wishes she could stay home and so on and so fourth but she can't afford it she can but they seem to think they are millionaires or whatever he drives a BMW and she drives a Mercedes they just bought a 7 bedroom house they have 2 kids. She could afford to stay home but they would rather spend their money like that so I pointed it out and she got super mad! Her and my brother took advantage of my mom for YEARS until the kids got in school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:23 AM
How is op awful

Quoting Anonymous 3: You both sound awful but I feel badly for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)