Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're never going to get caught back up

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

We got behind on some of our bills in dec and January. Weather related. Dh is back working but he isn't getting many hours. He'll go in and it will start raining and get sent home. If he works all day today. He'll have 30 hr next week. Which will make for a crappy check. i am trying to pay extra on my rent weekly to get it caught up. I am paying weekly until we get it caught up. as of right now i am only able to pay an extra $100 a week and my rent is $825 a month. But i also have a car payment i got behind on and i am paying $100 a week on too. When it is normally $150 biweekly.
His check this week was only $500 Because he didn't even get quite 40 hrs last week. My check was $600 but i get paid bi weekly. But i have $175 car insurance to pay, $100 car, $400 in rent. After all of that well have $200 left. And now it looks like it will rain all next week too.

Next week dh check will be shit and i got my cell phone automatically coming out.

I am waiting on our taxes which isn't much but is enough to get us caught up. But ut hasn't moved past received. It has been there for over a week. I jopr2 it gets deposited next week. Otherwise i won't be able to pay extra on my rent
I just want to get caught up. I am also behind on our credit cards and they are blowing our phone up.

Just a vent after i checked next weeks weather. Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:48 AM
Replies (111-120):
happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:16 PM

Okay standard CM questions: How far behind is he on his CS? How many kids are there? Why do you only work pt? What does he do for a living? Why can't someone/both pick up another job? Sell stuff? Rent out a room?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:18 PM
People like you, how many times did you say that you are a total mess. Those comments are ypu talking like you know me and you don't.

Quoting lily99300:

Pffft... no, I'm not acting like I know you.  How stupid.  I am going on what YOU have posted.  See how that works?

Sad that you're making your landlord wait on his money because of your fuck ups (i.e. refusal to get a 2nd job and you currently work part time).  Thank your lucky stars he's a nice guy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No my dh isn't getting a 2nd job. And neither am i. And you are acting like you know me.

Quoting lily99300:

You literally just said you and DH would not be getting second jobs.  People who are in dire financial straits do whatever the hell it takes to pay their bills.  My DH was laid off for six months years ago.  I got a second job to ensure we could pay our bills. 

And DUH... of course I don't know who you are.  What a silly thing to say.  LOL.

Quoting Anonymous 1: First off i have never been late before. 2nd i have only posted about my finances once in dec when my dh wasn't working. So no you don't kmow anything about my financial situation
3rd i am fucking anon. You have np clue who the fuck i am.

Quoting lily99300:

I got very tired of people like you not paying their rent on time.  Your financial situation isn't my fucking problem.  You signed a contract, now adhere to it. Guess I'm an asshole because I want my money on time when you're living in MY house.

I have had amazing tenants that fell on hard times.  I cut them some slack.  Why?  Because I saw them busting their asses doing whatever it took to earn more money.  They earned my respect so I gave them respect in return.  You, however, are a total mess when it comes to your finances from all you've posted in this thread.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tenants like me. Who is that exactly... being late one time doesn't make me any type of tenants and yes my landlord isn't an asshole. You probably were that is probably why you aren't a landlord anymore.

Quoting lily99300:

You're the one who used the example that your landlord isn't an asshole when the rent is late by a few days.

I used to be a landlord.  I can't stand tenants like you. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: No shit.

Quoting lily99300:

A month?!  Yeah, that's not even close to "a few days".

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am a month late abd he isn't talking eviction because hw ia working with us

Quoting Anonymous 15: But you are more than a few days late...

February is a short month too...

Quoting Anonymous 1: Talking eviction when rent is a,few daya late does. Not realizing shit happen does

Quoting Anonymous 12:

Expecting rent to be paid on time every month does not make a landlord and "asshole"  Landlords also have financial obligations.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Some landlords are not assholes and understand shit happens. As long as you are making ab effort they will work with you. It isn't like we just stop paying. We did talk to him about .

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So you are behind on rent?  What kind of landlord is ok with the tenants not paying rent on time? I was under the impression you had to pay or face eviction.

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:19 PM

I agree with you 100%... I work for a utility company and we STRONGLY encourage owners to keep the water bill in their name, and then charge the tenant. You would not believe the number of tenants that skip out on their bill. The state I live in, service stays on the property so the landlord HAS to pay it. UGH!!!!

Quoting lily99300:

Nah.  I would venture to guess eviction talk happens when a tenant makes a habit of not paying on time.

It's funny to me how so many of you on here think a landlord is an asshole because they would like their money on time.  Yes, things happen, but things also happen to landlords.  Tenants could give a fuck about that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Talking eviction when rent is a,few daya late does. Not realizing shit happen does
Quoting Anonymous 12:

Expecting rent to be paid on time every month does not make a landlord and "asshole"  Landlords also have financial obligations.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Some landlords are not assholes and understand shit happens. As long as you are making ab effort they will work with you. It isn't like we just stop paying. We did talk to him about .
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So you are behind on rent?  What kind of landlord is ok with the tenants not paying rent on time? I was under the impression you had to pay or face eviction.

lily99300
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:22 PM

*eye roll*  C'mon, you're not that simple. YOU posted here.  I am writing my replies based upon what YOU wrote. 

Now I know why you're in the situation you're in.  You don't seem too bright.  I said "total mess" once as well as "people like you". 

Quoting Anonymous 1: People like you, how many times did you say that you are a total mess. Those comments are ypu talking like you know me and you don't.
Quoting lily99300:

Pffft... no, I'm not acting like I know you.  How stupid.  I am going on what YOU have posted.  See how that works?

Sad that you're making your landlord wait on his money because of your fuck ups (i.e. refusal to get a 2nd job and you currently work part time).  Thank your lucky stars he's a nice guy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No my dh isn't getting a 2nd job. And neither am i. And you are acting like you know me.
Quoting lily99300:

You literally just said you and DH would not be getting second jobs.  People who are in dire financial straits do whatever the hell it takes to pay their bills.  My DH was laid off for six months years ago.  I got a second job to ensure we could pay our bills. 

And DUH... of course I don't know who you are.  What a silly thing to say.  LOL.

Quoting Anonymous 1: First off i have never been late before. 2nd i have only posted about my finances once in dec when my dh wasn't working. So no you don't kmow anything about my financial situation 3rd i am fucking anon. You have np clue who the fuck i am.
Quoting lily99300:

I got very tired of people like you not paying their rent on time.  Your financial situation isn't my fucking problem.  You signed a contract, now adhere to it. Guess I'm an asshole because I want my money on time when you're living in MY house.

I have had amazing tenants that fell on hard times.  I cut them some slack.  Why?  Because I saw them busting their asses doing whatever it took to earn more money.  They earned my respect so I gave them respect in return.  You, however, are a total mess when it comes to your finances from all you've posted in this thread.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tenants like me. Who is that exactly... being late one time doesn't make me any type of tenants and yes my landlord isn't an asshole. You probably were that is probably why you aren't a landlord anymore.
Quoting lily99300:

You're the one who used the example that your landlord isn't an asshole when the rent is late by a few days.

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am a month late abd he isn't talking eviction because hw ia working with us
Quoting Anonymous 15: But you are more than a few days late... February is a short month too...
Quoting Anonymous 12:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:23 PM

People who can't make rent usually don't have a 401....

Quoting Anonymous 7:

Would you and your husband even consider meeting with a financial planner just to go over your budget? Do you have any savings plans for your children college or a 401K for your retirement?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Our cc debt isn't that high. About $1500. I was working on paying it down then this happened
Quoting Anonymous 7:

Any man or woman who works in the trades seems to be very, very dependent on the weather. They go through weeks and even months where they are making very little . Is there anyway you both could cut up the credit cards you don't need, consolidate your credit card debut and once you pay it off, never again hold a balance?

lily99300
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe it!  Tenants can royally screw you over.  Hell, I've seen posts on here with pictures and felt horrible for the owners. 

Quoting happinessforyou:

I agree with you 100%... I work for a utility company and we STRONGLY encourage owners to keep the water bill in their name, and then charge the tenant. You would not believe the number of tenants that skip out on their bill. The state I live in, service stays on the property so the landlord HAS to pay it. UGH!!!!

Quoting lily99300:

Nah.  I would venture to guess eviction talk happens when a tenant makes a habit of not paying on time.

It's funny to me how so many of you on here think a landlord is an asshole because they would like their money on time.  Yes, things happen, but things also happen to landlords.  Tenants could give a fuck about that.

Quoting Anonymous 12:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:30 PM
You said people like you more than once and you can't possible know what you think you know from this post, unless you know me and you don't.

Quoting lily99300:

*eye roll*  C'mon, you're not that simple. YOU posted here.  I am writing my replies based upon what YOU wrote. 

Now I know why you're in the situation you're in.  You don't seem too bright.  I said "total mess" once as well as "people like you". 

Quoting Anonymous 1: People like you, how many times did you say that you are a total mess. Those comments are ypu talking like you know me and you don't.

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting Anonymous 1: First off i have never been late before. 2nd i have only posted about my finances once in dec when my dh wasn't working. So no you don't kmow anything about my financial situation

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting Anonymous 12:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

lily99300
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:38 PM

No, I did not, liar.  I just reread the entire quote tree. Show me where I said "people like you" more than once.  Oh, that's right.  You can't. 

Are you dense?  Slow?  I WROTE MY REPLIES BASED ON YOUR WORDS.  What is that so difficult for you to grasp and understand?  You act like I'm making shit up and pulling things out of the air. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: You said people like you more than once and you can't possible know what you think you know from this post, unless you know me and you don't.
Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting Anonymous 1: First off i have never been late before. 2nd i have only posted about my finances once in dec when my dh wasn't working. So no you don't kmow anything about my financial situation 3rd i am fucking anon. You have np clue who the fuck i am.
Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting Anonymous 15: But you are more than a few days late... February is a short month too...
Quoting Anonymous 12:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

momngram
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:41 PM

How many years has your dh had this job. 

Is this the first year this has happened?

I understand the stress of being behind.  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:45 PM
Lair you said 1st tenants like you 2nd people like you. Tenants or people means the same thing as in you are acting like you know me. Why you getting so mad and defensive ? Stop acting like you know me.

Quoting lily99300:

No, I did not, liar.  I just reread the entire quote tree. Show me where I said "people like you" more than once.  Oh, that's right.  You can't. 

Are you dense?  Slow?  I WROTE MY REPLIES BASED ON YOUR WORDS.  What is that so difficult for you to grasp and understand?  You act like I'm making shit up and pulling things out of the air. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: You said people like you more than once and you can't possible know what you think you know from this post, unless you know me and you don't.

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting lily99300:

Quoting Anonymous 12:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)