Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're never going to get caught back up

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

We got behind on some of our bills in dec and January. Weather related. Dh is back working but he isn't getting many hours. He'll go in and it will start raining and get sent home. If he works all day today. He'll have 30 hr next week. Which will make for a crappy check. i am trying to pay extra on my rent weekly to get it caught up. I am paying weekly until we get it caught up. as of right now i am only able to pay an extra $100 a week and my rent is $825 a month. But i also have a car payment i got behind on and i am paying $100 a week on too. When it is normally $150 biweekly.
His check this week was only $500 Because he didn't even get quite 40 hrs last week. My check was $600 but i get paid bi weekly. But i have $175 car insurance to pay, $100 car, $400 in rent. After all of that well have $200 left. And now it looks like it will rain all next week too.

Next week dh check will be shit and i got my cell phone automatically coming out.

I am waiting on our taxes which isn't much but is enough to get us caught up. But ut hasn't moved past received. It has been there for over a week. I jopr2 it gets deposited next week. Otherwise i won't be able to pay extra on my rent
I just want to get caught up. I am also behind on our credit cards and they are blowing our phone up.

Just a vent after i checked next weeks weather. Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
We've only been here 5 months. Come this time next yr we'll be ok. We'll be saving during the summer for next winter

Quoting jules2boys:

You'll eventually get caught up but perhaps with penalties for being late on things. 

Now you know you need to put some money aside when the weather is better and he's working more to cover times like these.  This is where the phrase 'saving for a rainy day' comes to mind.  

Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:02 PM
That's what happen when your job depends on the weather.
MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
What state gives 4 years of college for free?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Both of you need better jobs. Your dh's job isn't working out if he doesn't have reliable income. And if your job only give so many hours, why not get a job where you can work full time? If it rained for a month straight, what would your dh do? Sounds like it's time to start making some changes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

You posted about this before.....a few months ago
it doesn't matter how long he's been with THIS company....in your previous posts you said he's been working in construction for like 30yrs....YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS
and you moved because you needed a lower cost of living area because you couldn't handle it where you were living before

It doesn't matter where you live...the idea is the same...in the spring/summer he'll work a lot so you need to save then for during the slow time (winter)

Quoting Anonymous 1: We moved He has been with this company for 5 months . We wasn't here in the spring and summer. And we are not getting eic or the ectc.
Quoting Anonymous 8:

So your DH works construction??Unless its his first year you should know how the system works....you need to save some money from the spring/summer when he's working a lot to help cover the bills in the slow seasonHell I'm not even in construction and I know thatAlso taxes with an EIC won't even start to be processed until the 15th so you've got at least another week

elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:08 PM

You probably won't get your tax check until Feb 27 at the earliest... Because that is when they expect people who get EIC or ACTC to start getting their refunds. I wouldn't count on that money until then AT MINIMUM. Once you do get caught up, You should think about taking like 20 bucks from each check, at least, and putting it away for next year in case you have a rainy season again. Sorry things are so difficult right now, I have been there (as recently as last year) and it sucks... But things do get better if you just keep working away and making good choices.

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:10 PM
Life is hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:11 PM
The state lottery pays for it

Quoting MooreBoysMama: What state gives 4 years of college for free?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:13 PM
Hugs, we are in the same boat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:13 PM
Jobs just dont fall out of the sky

Quoting Anonymous 9: Both of you need better jobs. Your dh's job isn't working out if he doesn't have reliable income. And if your job only give so many hours, why not get a job where you can work full time? If it rained for a month straight, what would your dh do? Sounds like it's time to start making some changes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)