Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd dad visitation

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When ex and i talked last month pertaining to him stepping up and being involved i told him for now the visits were to be him no new woman,stepkids,or new kid.Well today he may not be able to visit because he has to watch his stepkids and his new kid.

Would you lift the restriction this one time  or stand by what you said before?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:03 PM
Replies (71-79):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:14 PM
Yeah he's a real gem 😑 My ds is 5 so he doesn't really have feelings on the matter.

Quoting PJMM: I would have allowed it but my ex was a different man than yours seems to be. He didn't have other children and was involved with ours. In your case I'm not sure what I'd do. I think it would depend on how my kids felt.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:16 PM
I'd not mind if he's just watching the kids but I can understand not wanting the flavor of the month around.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah he's a real gem 😑 My ds is 5 so he doesn't really have feelings on the matter.

Quoting PJMM: I would have allowed it but my ex was a different man than yours seems to be. He didn't have other children and was involved with ours. In your case I'm not sure what I'd do. I think it would depend on how my kids felt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:17 PM
‘New kid’ will be in his life forever. Nice try.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

visitation is up to me. he has not been a consistant part in his life so id rather not involve people that may or may not be around in 6 months  to a year.

Quoting owl0210: You can not prevent them from being around your child unless it is specifically court ordered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:19 PM
Don't lift the restrictions, if you lift them once, then he will never take you seriously, and always bring someone else with him.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

visitation is up to me. he has not been a consistant part in his life so id rather not involve people that may or may not be around in 6 months  to a year.

Quoting owl0210: You can not prevent them from being around your child unless it is specifically court ordered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:19 PM
I just think his focus should be ds. Ds was around first and is the one that got slighted. Those kids get him 24/7. He's been a dad to his gfs kids while being a deadbeat to mine.

Quoting PJMM: I'd not mind if he's just watching the kids but I can understand not wanting the flavor of the month around.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah he's a real gem 😑 My ds is 5 so he doesn't really have feelings on the matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:19 PM
In exs life maybe. In my ds life? Not likely.

Quoting Anonymous 12: ‘New kid’ will be in his life forever. Nice try.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:20 PM
We ended up rescheduling for sometime next week.

Quoting Anonymous 13: Don't lift the restrictions, if you lift them once, then he will never take you seriously, and always bring someone else with him.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:24 PM
Good for you, this is important to the child that you both share.

Good luck

Quoting Anonymous 1: We ended up rescheduling for sometime next week.

Quoting Anonymous 13: Don't lift the restrictions, if you lift them once, then he will never take you seriously, and always bring someone else with him.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:28 PM
Thanks. I'm definitely sticking with my boundaries but I'm also gonna be like OK let's reschedule then.

Quoting Anonymous 13: Good for you, this is important to the child that you both share.

Good luck

Quoting Anonymous 1: We ended up rescheduling for sometime next week.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)