Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm the "mom" at work.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I work in a child care center and I'm the only mom and I'm the oldest person here besides the owner and the director.

Anyway, there's a young woman here who is barely twenty, so still a baby to me lol. Today she came to me, completely mortified because her period is a lot heavier than normal and she bled through her tampon and it was very clearly on her jeans. She didn't know what to do and was so embarrassed.

Me, being me, I went to my Mary poppins bag and got her a big, childbirth type pad to put on. I also had two pairs of workout pants in my bag, luckily one pair was my oldest daughter's and fit my coworker perfectly. I then took her jeans into the locker room where I soaked them for her so they wouldn't stain.
She was so grateful and I feel needed again.

I love being needed. 😁
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:06 PM
Replies (21-25):
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:32 PM
And at no point did you think that might be a bit much?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:34 PM
I’m “the mom” at work bc all my coworkers are single men. All that really means to them is that they tell me to go clean up poop and vomit and I get to deal with the tantrums. 😑 oh yeah, and I get to do all the cleaning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:40 PM
That’s awesome. Some girls mature faster than others, so her being 20 may have meant the mentality of a 15 year old, especially if she was sheltered her whole life and doesn’t do well under pressure. You did a good thing!
kristin_ad
by RnR on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Mobile Photo

iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM

good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)