Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your credit score do this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am getting BEYOND annoyed with my credit score. I use CreditKarma to monitor mine and DH's credit especially with the talk of moving. DH has closed credit cards but his score hasn't budged in months which to me is better than it dropping and it's close to a 600 credit score which is way better than it was a year ago. Mine however, I have new student loans and a credit card I'm paying off plus medical in collections; thankfully majority fell off already but still. It seems like my score rises then BAM! It drops by x amount of points regardless of my payments. What a pain in the ass this is! I was so close to being near 600 myself then I get his with a 26 point drop. No new medical in collections, same credit card I'm even planning on paying half off with taxes and my student loans which I feels is the culprit for this fuckery. 

Do you monitor your score? How does seeing any random fluctuation make you feel?

I feel like the more I improve it one day the next it drops. It makes me want to scream because DH and I are investing in a house within 2 years time which we hope will be enough for a positive rise once we clear up some of the issues dragging our credits. 

NOTE BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY NO ONE READS THROUGH REPLIES: THE CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS WERE PAID IN FULL. NOT DELINQUENT AND GOING UN USED THEREFORE CLOSED BY THE COMPANIES. SOMETHING THAT DOES AND DID HAPPEN. IT IS BETTER THEY CLOSE IT THAN US ANYWAY. OK NOW MOVE ON PAST YOUR COMMENTS ON THE CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS BEING CLOSED. THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:18 PM
Replies (51-51):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2018 at 9:48 AM
He was told that? I was always told the opposite. Which is how I started building my credit through an account through sprint. Had to pay in full for my phone because of no credit but it helped kick start it.

Quoting Anonymous 14: My dh went many years with no credit history at all. When he applied for something, he was told no because it looks better to have bad credit than no credit at all. The whole system is screwed up. He ended up having to buy a secured credit card to build something up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)