Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are SAHM'S shunned?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Seriously, why is it wrong to want this type of life?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:35 PM

I am far more shunned as a working mom than I have seen women shunned for being SAHMs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:36 PM
I don’t know why that never occurred to me to try since I like to pile my spaghetti on top of the toast to take a bite but now I must make this. What’s funny is before I even saw this it was going to be spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: I know spaghetti sandwiches sound weird, but yum. That's funny you went and made one.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: I wasn’t the OP in that thread, but I saw it. And I’ll admit, I threw some Texas toast in the oven, sketti, and mozz
It was good....

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: 😂 That was great.

That sounds so good right now.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: But we get to eat grilled sketti Sammie’s and they don’t.... they are jelly

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: Shit flies both ways.
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:36 PM
Those are the choices people make. Nothing to be jealous over it.

Quoting Dzyre1115: Jealousy? It feels awful to hand off your children to others to care for more regularly than you care for them....
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:36 PM
I've never been shunned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:37 PM

In my opinion, I feel like they are wasting their lives.  Especially when they're sitting at home after their kids are in school.  Wouldn't you want better for yourself than to just be a housekeeper, cooker, and taxi driver?  I do.  And that's why I work.  Because I have made something of myself.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Staying home is the norm in my small town. Shute even when the kids are gone the women still stay home, do whatever they want. However I see it all the time here, like women are wasting their lives by being a sahm.

Quoting Anonymous 5: This is the only place where it's an issue. Both of our families were proud that I wanted to stay home. Staying at home is the norm in my area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:37 PM
They're only shunned by crappy people.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting that lifestyle.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM
I have made both choices, not jealous of either position....

Quoting Talkingheads: Those are the choices people make. Nothing to be jealous over it.

Quoting Dzyre1115: Jealousy? It feels awful to hand off your children to others to care for more regularly than you care for them....
cellomom26
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM
This.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM
Shunned? I guess, like one shuns millionaires for their lifestyle. If you can afford it, great. Just don't bitch when your working spouse leaves you and you can't pay your bills. Seen that happen too often.
JTROX
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM

I think it is great for one parent to be more available in that way, but only if the other parent can provide for the family.  If the family needs govt aid to survive being a sahp should not be an option.  It's shirking of parental duties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)