Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are SAHM'S shunned?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Seriously, why is it wrong to want this type of life?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
See there's your problem, assuming that stay-at-home moms just sit in their house all day while their kids at school. I'm sure there are some, but that is not the norm, at least in my experiences.

Quoting Anonymous 9:

In my opinion, I feel like they are wasting their lives.  Especially when they're sitting at home after their kids are in school.  Wouldn't you want better for yourself than to just be a housekeeper, cooker, and taxi driver?  I do.  And that's why I work.  Because I have made something of myself.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Staying home is the norm in my small town. Shute even when the kids are gone the women still stay home, do whatever they want. However I see it all the time here, like women are wasting their lives by being a sahm.

Quoting Anonymous 5: This is the only place where it's an issue. Both of our families were proud that I wanted to stay home. Staying at home is the norm in my area.

Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM
If not, it should be.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: I wonder if spaghetti is a staple in the average SAHM fridge????

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: I know spaghetti sandwiches sound weird, but yum. That's funny you went and made one.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: I wasn’t the OP in that thread, but I saw it. And I’ll admit, I threw some Texas toast in the oven, sketti, and mozz
It was good....

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: 😂 That was great.

That sounds so good right now.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: But we get to eat grilled sketti Sammie’s and they don’t.... they are jelly

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: Shit flies both ways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I would, too!

Quoting PrettyWings29:

Doesn't matter to me. I'm enjoying the bon bon life. Haters can piss off 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM
Only on here, for some weird reason.

Not in real life.
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM
I agree. I have done both which is why I said it wasn't jealousy

Quoting Dzyre1115: I have made both choices, not jealous of either position....

Quoting Talkingheads: Those are the choices people make. Nothing to be jealous over it.

Quoting Dzyre1115: Jealousy? It feels awful to hand off your children to others to care for more regularly than you care for them....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM
A lot of it is trolling. Also, if you haven't noticed, there are a lot of REALLY miserable people here.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Staying home is the norm in my small town. Shute even when the kids are gone the women still stay home, do whatever they want. However I see it all the time here, like women are wasting their lives by being a sahm.

Quoting Anonymous 5: This is the only place where it's an issue. Both of our families were proud that I wanted to stay home. Staying at home is the norm in my area.

hart57
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
There is a lot of bashing on this site. Personally I think we all should do what is best for each of our families.
Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:40 PM
When you are really dedicated like I am, you just use soft bread and butter and fill it with spaghetti. 😄

Quoting Anonymous 10: I don’t know why that never occurred to me to try since I like to pile my spaghetti on top of the toast to take a bite but now I must make this. What’s funny is before I even saw this it was going to be spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: I know spaghetti sandwiches sound weird, but yum. That's funny you went and made one.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: I wasn’t the OP in that thread, but I saw it. And I’ll admit, I threw some Texas toast in the oven, sketti, and mozz
It was good....

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: 😂 That was great.

That sounds so good right now.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: But we get to eat grilled sketti Sammie’s and they don’t.... they are jelly

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: Shit flies both ways.
Camzm0m
by Bridgette on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:43 PM
I made something of myself I have my BSN.I still have one child at home we dont just sit home all day im a room mother for my youngest's class, im a team mom for a few different sports teams, im available to help out working mothers by giving rides to and from practices, I volunteer at my kids schools. I also teach a Sunday school class...my life is totally wasted...

Quoting Anonymous 9:

In my opinion, I feel like they are wasting their lives.  Especially when they're sitting at home after their kids are in school.  Wouldn't you want better for yourself than to just be a housekeeper, cooker, and taxi driver?  I do.  And that's why I work.  Because I have made something of myself.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Shabby-Chic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:44 PM
Should try being a SAHD. LOL. My husbands has lost so called respect from his friends since he took over home duty.
When I was on home duty, my in laws called me unemployed.
Current society has normalized the duel working household.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)