Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may call CPS on my neighbors (long)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:26 PM
  • 64 Replies
I live in a 2 family home,with my family taking the top 2 floors and a family on the first floor. We both have lived in the same building for about 3 years,(husband,wife,6 yr old daughter and infant son-about 6 or 7 months old)and they always seemed like really nice people. But then the baby was born.since october,my opinion of them has completely changed. It started when I was walking into the building and I could hear the mom screaming at the daughter-calling her a stupid retard repeatedly. Ever since then, ive heard them call her awful names and ive heard what sounds like (to me) that they are smacking the shit out of this poor girl.

I will point out that I dont believe they are simply spanking her. Parents that actually spank, call it spanking, this family calls it hitting. Ive heard the screaming it at the top of their lungs.

These are the instances I remember: heard the dad smacking the crap out of the 6 yr old,where she is obviously screaming in pain,and him telling her "You're lucky I didn't hit you harder"

6 yr old told kids at school something mom didn't want anyone knowing (if you want to keep a secret, you don't tell a 6 yr old said secret,any parent with sense knows kids cant keep their mouth shut). I heard mom screaming and the child crying. I could also very clearly hear her hitting the child. At one point I heard her hit her, then I heard the child hit something else.My guess is she hit her so hard she fell into something. She also kept calling her a retard. Mom cared more about her reputation at the school than what she was doing to her kid, worried about showing her face there again.

Last week I heard dad screaming at the 6 yr old for something,and sent her to her room. I heard the child yell,asking if she could go to the bathroom, he must have followed her because I heard him screaming and hitting her, where he then screamed at her to admit she lied about having to use the bathroom.

Now just today I walk out to the front hallway to hear the infant hysterically crying and mom telling him to "stop it" and "cut it out" in an increasingly angry tone.

There are more but thats what comes to mind right now.

Now here is my problem. I want to call CPS on them, I dont believe they are good parents and I think they will start hitting the baby at some point of it doesnt stop. But this woman is fairly large,and who I think would get violent if she found out it was me. I worry about my own safety as well as that of my childrens' if she somehow ends up knowing. She doesn't seem above property damage either

For anyone thinking I'm snooping, you're wrong,I can hear them extremely well through the floor.

Also I went to the CT Cps website and it says I have to call within 12 hours of abuse occurring and make a written report within a day of calling. These are not my rules I arbitrarily made up, So please stop asking why it has be 12 hours.

by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emandab
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have already called. And I'm not cps happy.
djsmommy13
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:29 PM
I would have called them a long time ago
Ashmomtx
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Call!!!!!!!!!  These children need someone to take up for them!  

purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't want to call of they jad just lost their temper a few times. I wanted to make sure they were doing it continually.

Quoting djsmommy13: I would have called them a long time ago
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:31 PM

Yes, you need to call. Then get your head examined for having to ask people on the internet.

purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:31 PM
I wanted to make sure it wasnt just a few times. Plus I have to call CPS within 12 hours of abuse occurring, so od have to wait until it happens again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:31 PM
Call and carry a weapon on you at all times. Even a rhino will drop if you get a strong enough taser.
Sans-Equanimity
by Closet Optimist on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:31 PM
They're abusing that child. Please please please call!!!
lily99300
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I would call..  Actually, I would call the police the next time I heard the girl screaming. 

djsmommy13
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:32 PM
Then you need to call now. And if you don't feel safe buy something to make u feel safe

Quoting purplemonkey702: I didn't want to call of they jad just lost their temper a few times. I wanted to make sure they were doing it continually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)