Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O no kids wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
2 moms liked this
I think no kid weddings are just fine and dandy. If that's what you want on your "big day" then by all means don't invite children. What I don't get though, is why they get offended when people opt not to come because of it.
I would never go to a wedding where kids aren't invited. Not to anyone's wedding be it my sibling, parent, cousin, aunt, uncle, best friend, etc. I wouldn't be bothered in the least that you didn't want kids there and I would completely understand and respect that. I don't understand why they would get upset though and not be understanding and respectful back when I say I'm not attending.
Why would you expect someone to respect your wishes if you aren't willing to respect them back?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Way too many get bent out of shape if you decline for no kids. I hate being told how I should spend what my time. If I wanted a "date" night I wouldn't spend it at a wedding.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:34 PM

Why wouldn't you go?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:34 PM
We didnt have a single no based on our desire to have a kid free wedding
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:35 PM
Exactly. I hate weddings to begin with. I'm not spending my free night there if I get one and I'm definitely not paying more to have a babysitter on top of giving you a gift and whatever else (if I've had to buy proper attire or anything). Just not happening.

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: Way too many get bent out of shape if you decline for no kids. I hate being told how I should spend what my time. If I wanted a "date" night I wouldn't spend it at a wedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:36 PM
I'm not spending my free night at a wedding if I get one and I'm definitely not paying more to have a babysitter on top of giving you a gift and whatever else (if I've had to buy proper attire or anything). Just not happening.
I don't care for weddings in the first place and will happily use that as an excuse not to come.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Why wouldn't you go?

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:38 PM
5 moms liked this
Cheapskate lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not spending my free night at a wedding if I get one and I'm definitely not paying more to have a babysitter on top of giving you a gift and whatever else (if I've had to buy proper attire or anything). Just not happening.
I don't care for weddings in the first place and will happily use that as an excuse not to come.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Why wouldn't you go?

oliveoil423
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:38 PM
My friend is getting married in may she has on her list kids are welcome. But my cousin is watching my three kids while we go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:39 PM
More like not paying that much to do something I dread doing anyways.

Quoting owl0210: Cheapskate lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not spending my free night at a wedding if I get one and I'm definitely not paying more to have a babysitter on top of giving you a gift and whatever else (if I've had to buy proper attire or anything). Just not happening.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Why wouldn't you go?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:39 PM

I'm always happy to have an excuse to avoid a wedding. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:40 PM
How nice of your cousin :)

Quoting oliveoil423: My friend is getting married in may she has on her list kids are welcome. But my cousin is watching my three kids while we go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)