Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a washer go out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

How much worse can this get? 

I posted before about my washer and dryer in this rental having problems. The repair lady told me that they (landlord) might consider to replace both since sometimes they get a better deal. The part to the dryer is suppose to come in next week. The washer, however, is not worth fixing she said. 

I have been around some not so quiet washers but this one is piercing my ears. It is on the second level thank goodness. I ran a load because I have to continue to use it. I'm down stairs trying to take a call and I have had to step outside to hear the other person. This thing sounds so loud. I went up to see about it. I can't be upstairs now with it being that loud. This thing could go on working for six months or so. I wish I could have my property manager come over and hear how loud but their communication with me is a grade of an F. I will be glad when we can move out of here. I get they don't want to spend the money till they have to but I deal with migraines alot that I have a prescription for them. Won't be running it on those days. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:09 PM

We finally broke down and purchased a new washing machine the week before Christmas.  I can't remember what the problem was but it sound EXACTLY to what you described.  I think it was the bearings.  I looked at youtube thinking dh and I could fix it but...oh hell no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:27 PM

I'm not buying one. This is a rental that has to provide one as it was advertised so. There was suppose to be a microwave but wasn't. I bought a small one and will be taking it. I did document that on my paperwork.

My tenants stole my set in our house. I'm still dealing with that mess. I brought another set up here in my household goods that I ended up giving away because this house had a set. If I had known that I needed to keep that set, I would have but I still wouldn't be able to bring them upstairs by myself. Also if I had put mine in or I get a new set, what if they leak? The landlord would not fix them since they are mine.  As someone else said in that post I made before, I would have to move them with me when we leave. It is better to just buy a set and have them deliver and set up. 

I'm sure it is the bearings but they don't want to do anything. If it is, I'm sure my husband could fix it but he's not living with us due to his job. We're military. He would most likely take this to the junk yard and buy a new one. 

What kind did you get? This is a front loader. I don't like them. Miss my top loader. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

We finally broke down and purchased a new washing machine the week before Christmas.  I can't remember what the problem was but it sound EXACTLY to what you described.  I think it was the bearings.  I looked at youtube thinking dh and I could fix it but...oh hell no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Yes, and I just repaired it. I've repaired my dryer too. When I couldn't find the parts I needed for my old washer anymore, that's when I finally broke down and bought a new one. The washer was 22 years old. My dryer, that I bought at the same time, is still going strong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)