Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No smoking no pets no children NO EXCEPTIONS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Mobile Photo

Is that allowed? No children?

I personally don’t care, I’m not in the market for a new rental I’m just curious because I thought you couldn’t discriminate based on children.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:13 PM
I don’t know, you used to be able to say no children here but that just changed this year.
momngram
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:15 PM

its probably in violation of something, even though its perfectly understandable why people post NO CHILDREN

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:15 PM
They can say that in some cases, such as a senior citizen community.

The better question, is why would anyone actually want to live in that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:17 PM

I can't really tell but it looks like it opens up to a river or a lake of some sort? That might be the exception to the rule because it's more dangerous. Insurance rates and such. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:17 PM
Here you can't although I wish we could we have 2 rentals and people with kids just let them destroy everything!
lukesmom2002
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM
I don't rent to smokers ever. Some units no pets. One building is no children only people 50 and older and no smokers or pets. That building is the cleanest and has the least amount of turn over. Kids,pets and smoking destroy rental units.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM

I believe you are correct OP.  By saying no children they are opening themselves up for a discrimination lawsuit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:19 PM
I agree with anon 3. Its open to the water. Kids probably aren’t allowed due to the dangerous conditions. I can’t fathom why anyone would want to live in that place anyway. It’s not nice. I wouldn’t pay $350 to a month,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:20 PM
Sure it's allowed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:21 PM

unless in a 55+ residential community, I don't think it's appropriate to state no children. those are the only communities I ever see around here with listing for no children. Unless the owner is worried about damage like how kids and be destructive in the sense of coloring on the walls but thats an easy fix and what not. Maybe it's allowed in the county of this rental? Who knows tbh. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)