Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drawing on the wall

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Did your kids ever do this? I didn’t as a kid until we had our house’s interior redone and my parents told us we could when the walls were bare. My SDs didn’t.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Camzm0m
by Bridgette on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:19 PM
No none of mine have done that my nephew was terrible about it though!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Childhood memory:

My parents fought about everything.  They were polar opposites. My dad was a clean freak my mother a slob.

Dad loved to throw parties and weeks before the party he would start thoroughly cleaning the house which often resulted in him painting the walls (I kid you not). The night before the party they got into another violent arguement.  The next morning after my dad went to work, my mother gave my then 2 year old brother a box of crayons and told him to draw on the walls.  The freshly painted walls.

PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:26 PM

My son got the sliding glass door pretty good a few times. It faces the west so the sun baked it on before I realized what happened...thank god for goo gone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:27 PM
I actually lol over this

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Childhood memory:

My parents fought about everything.  They were polar opposites. My dad was a clean freak my mother a slob.

Dad loved to throw parties and weeks before the party he would start thoroughly cleaning the house which often resulted in him painting the walls (I kid you not). The night before the party they got into another violent arguement.  The next morning after my dad went to work, my mother gave my then 2 year old brother a box of crayons and told him to draw on the walls.  The freshly painted walls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM

My DS did not, but I did when I was 4. We'd moved into a new house and I drew on the inside walls of my closet. My mom wouldn't let my dad paint over the drawings until they sold the house nearly 40 years later.

haydsmom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:29 PM
Yes there are some scribbles on the wall in my entry way. I never saw him do it, I just noticed them one day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM
Dd drew a smiley face on her nightstand - she said the design in the wood looked like a face. I told her not to draw on the furniture, but she was right it did look like a face. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM

my dd 1 drew on the back of an unfinished six panel wood door with marker............................... and also on the unfinished window sills.......

dd2 drew on a wedding dress I was making................... lol........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My youngest did a couple of times. I took a pic of it once because he drew a fantastic motorcycle and I was so freaking impressed. Then once I discovered they'd left handprints in exterior paint on the side of the barn. That was in '06. I painted around them and they're still there. Tiny little handprints. They're nearly grown now, I like knowing I have a little scrapbook of their childhood on my barn.
ChildOfTheLight
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:34 PM
My kids have at one time or another when they were toddlers. Between ages 2-4. Not often or something that was repeated. They all did it once, I taught them not to and they didn’t do it again.
The best was when my oldest (now 13) was 2 and found a permanent marker and took it to the wall while I was making her lunch. Lol! We rented an apartment so I was really worried it wouldn’t come off. It came off with a mr. Clean eraser.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)